PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Pats Play the Ravens Again in the AFCC?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Poll: Was the Ravens Game a Preview of the AFC Championship?

• Yes

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 51 86.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please. You're a cliche.

QB12

??????????

Not sure what exactly you're getting at, but I thought my post was very fair and accurate. If you don't agree, and think that we're already AFCCG material, then fine. That is your opinion. Mine is that we very well could be 2-2, and haven't shown the dominance it takes to be discussing championship caliber teams 25% into the season.

Let's see the Ravens beat someone better than the Chargers before we crown them for anything. Until they actually manage to win a game against the Steelers or Pats, AFCCG is a little much for them. Pats have a much better change than the Ravens do, and it'll be enough of an uphill battle just for them to make it.

Last edited:
Sunday provided the blueprint.

Shut Mason down

Their defense sucks

My guess is someone like Cincy or Denver,,, a team out of the blue.

I voted no. They are so busy blaming the refs and the Pats for their loss that they are unfocused and likely to lose it a couple of times over the season if they start getting a lot of calls against them. They aren't winners; they're whiners. I'll bet they don't make the playoffs.

(Edit - and I'm not even thinking yet about whether the Pats are going to make it that far)

Last edited:
I didn't vote. During the game I would have thought yes - the Ravens look like a very solid team on both sides of the ball. Their run defense is superb, Flacco looks like the real deal, and their running attack and OL are solid.

But all the post-game whining and lame excuses suggests to me that they lack the mental toughness needed to take it to the next level. It's the same old crying and wanting a different set of rules to apply to them from everyone else. Peyton had to learn how to stop being such a crybaby and take responsibility for his team before he got to the Super Bowl. The Ravens need to learn the same thing.

It's early to tell, and how they respond to this adversity will say a lot. But if I had to guess right now, they will find a way to shoot themselves in the foot, and them claim they were robbed.

Was last Sunday's game against Baltimore a preview of the AFC Championship game?

Answer Yes or No.

too early to be talking about the AFCCG. WE might not even make it, considering the AFC has the Steelers, COlts, Chargers. I think we are as good as any team in the AFC but you never know on any given Sunday.

I think it could be the Ravens again or we could see a rematch with Indy. Right now IMO the two are polar opposites. Its way to early to call but my AFC playoff bracket looks like this...

Code:
[B]1] New England(15-1) Bye
                                   Pittsburgh
5] Pittsburgh(12-4)              @
@                               New England
4] Denver(10-5)
                                                   Indianapolis @ New England>...
6] New York Jets(11-5)
@                                  Baltimore
3] Baltimore(13-3)                @
                                       Indy
2] Indianapolis(13-3) Bye[/B]

I think everything checks out.

Last edited:
any team that is this focused on whining isn't going to make it to the afcg...

harbaugh is getting desperate...

they had their chance last year when the colts and pats were subpar...

Nope. I expect to see them in the Divisional round. If Polomalu comes back 100% (big IF), I expect to see the Steelers in the AFCCG.

I think if the Ravens won this game they had a shot. But they came in with more riding on the game from a psychological point of view and I think losing it is the beginning of a legendary collapse.

6-10

yeah_i_went_there_mug-p16872095418125363521aby_400.jpg

any team that is this focused on whining isn't going to make it to the afcg...

harbaugh is getting desperate...

they had their chance last year when the colts and pats were subpar...

To paraphrase what you said, any team that is this focused on whining isn't focused enough on winning. :singing:

LOL at 15-1. I love the Pats but I highly doubt they manage to pull that off.

LOL at 15-1. I love the Pats but I highly doubt they manage to pull that off.

Me too. 14-2 is much more likely. I predicted 13-3 at the beginning of the season myself and I think I'm going to stick with that assertion.

the ravens wont make it that far any team with a good passing game like

the colts

san diego

the steelers

can put points on this team they are not a top 5..... D any more

or any team with a good D like the steelers jets and broncos will just stop there O

the ravens wont make it that far any team with a good passing game like

the colts

san diego

the steelers

can put points on this team they are not a top 5..... D any more

or any team with a good D like the steelers jets and broncos will just stop there O

That pretty much covers it. The Ravens suck at defending against the pass, and the Jets are the only good team in the AFC that can't exploit the hell out of that weakness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back