PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Pats pick a TE on the 1st day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

threepeater

Rookie
Reaction score
The braintrust will shock everyone by drafting yet another high-round tight end this year. Though no one is predicting it, with only Watson and Graham on the roster as viable options, it makes sense. Plus, Belicheck loves drafting TEs almost as much as he loves drafting defensive linemen. I wouldn't be shocked if one of our first two picks is a TE, especially if one of the top 3 or 4 prospects is still around when we pick in round 2.

TE on day 1? No. I doubt it. Unless they plan a trade involving Graham which I also doubt. In fact, I don't like the idea of a TE this draft at all. Watson and Graham are studs, all they need is a solid blocking type TE thru FA. IMHO.....

think we could get a first for Graham? I would love to trade Graham to Chicago for their #1 (28th pick overall). We could get Carpenter and Greenway in the first and TE in the second.

Boston Boxer said:
think we could get a first for Graham? I would love to trade Graham to Chicago for their #1 (28th pick overall).
Maybe Graham and our #2 but we won't get a #1 for a good TE who's a UFA in 11 months.

If we expect to re-sign Graham we'll probably just re-sign Jed Weaver, or the like. But if we are unlikely to re-sign Graham then I fully expect a Day One TE.

I'm beginning to think we will, there is a lot of depth at TE in the draft and we need one. Why not grab a GOOD one on day one instead of settling for just any old body as our third TE? Day two is also a possibility in the 4th if we go after bigger fish on day one.

Maybe.

The main reason I see it as a possibility is that there will likely be some good value at TE in the 3rd and 4th round.

If Pope is there for us in the 2nd round - DRAFT this guy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots