2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Will the Pats make the playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Money isn't an issue pal. 250 bucks is like candle; I can blow it anytime. But to clarify things, I'm not a jets fan. I'm a fellow pats fan. I'm, however, not blinded by the BS like you and the majority.

Well my friend it seems that you are the minority here.....as you seem to have no faith in a team you say your a fan of....please do us all a favor and root for someone else....

I've seen Cassel with plenty of time to make passes.

He's horrible. We start the game on the 50 yard line and end up punting. Are you kidding me?
thats just the way it is hell be 15 out of 34 168 yards `1 touchdown 2 interceptions, that doesnt cut the mustard

No way the pats make the playoff with this imbecible at the HC position. A memo to BB, retire when Brady retires. You were smart enough to build an illegit resume from riding the guy's sack. Don't hang around once the guy is done to expose yourself. Walk away while the casual fans (like most blind patsfan posters) still have "respect" for you. The football heads have already recognized the fradulence in you.

BB's Dink and Dunk Offense, Coming to an AFC stadium near you...

I think you're the one who just 'exposed' himself

35jje5t.jpg

its not yes or no. odds are 50/50. we picked a good year to stink as the rest of the league either stinks or is just decent. we're 2 & 1 and we can still finish with a winning record. but all that said we're ultimately going no where even if we're in post season

I said no.

I am off the Cassel bandwagon.

As long as he is the QB we don't make the playoffs.

If we change QB's all bets are off.

Yes. This team is too skilled (players and coaching) to not make them. I would personally like to see someone other than Cassel be given a chance, but even with him I think we make it. That would be my bet if money was involved.

Last edited:
Let's see if the results are different when everyone can't see how you voted:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...30-will-pats-make-playoffs-secret-ballot.html

If you don't have the balls to vote in a poll against others who you have no
fu(king idea of who you are or care to know them or don't give a sh!t of what the punks think than whats the big freaking deal about being afraid to show your name if your answer is no?

I voted no because I think the road swings out west will cause a 1-3 mark and a loss to Indy,Denver and Pittsburgh are VERY possible now - That means 7 losses so 9-7 won't do it in the AFC or is unlikely anyway
- Sounds like a deja vu of the 2002 season,same final record

Hope I am wrong for once :cool:

I have a feeling a month from now-NOONE will remember this Miami debacle.

O'Connell should handle the offense far better, but he's probably not prepared to take over yet.

I think it has less to do with Cassel than with the OL. The OL since the moment Neal went out in the SB through the offseason, preseason and up to Week 3 has not been the same.

Bingo was his name-O

With Cassell, NO.

I've seen enough of him to see that he's a 3rd string quality caliber NFL QB.

He holds the ball too long, he stares down his receivers too much, and he has a slow delivery. And he hardly ever throws down the field. He messes up the rhythm of the receivers and his blocking O-linemen.

Cassell is a college QB playing in the NFL. He should be starting at USC instead. This is a guy who only threw 33 passes in FIVE seasons at USC. This is a guy who doesn't even look good in preseason, nevermind the regular season.

Even the rookie QB Matt Ryan for the Falcons looks better than Cassell.

If our defense holds teams to less than 20 points, we have a shot of winning games with Cassell, if not, we will lose the vast majority of those games.

I'm predicting 6-10 to a max of 8-8 for 2008.

Pats go 9-7 missing the playoffs. A team result with a backup QB. It is what it is.

It is what it is.

I hate that phrase! lol Well I still think they can go 10-6. They simply need to win a game they weren't expected to before. I'd say Seattle & Indy look very winnable now.

Last edited:
The answer is Yes because we have been doing that for years. The only question is how far can we be in the play off?

I predict and 8-8.... 9-7 season maybe. I still beleive this defense can be great. The offense? Nope. Not happening with Cassel. By the time O'Connel gets in there - it will be too late. Tom Brady IS that important to this team. Tom Brady DOES drive the Patriots bus. You're all crying about booing, or not appreciating what you have, and being a bad fan....blah, blah, blah.....well, every New England Patriots Fan - if they don't already - will have an incredible appreciation for Tom Brady and how great he really is.

thats is so true. SO TRUE!

For the love of God, never compare Tom Brady's first starting season to Matt Cassel's again as they are not comparable. Can we end this ridiculous comparison?

Previous Year's Record
Brady: 5-11
Cassel: 18-1

Years in Patriots' system
Brady: 2
Cassel: 4

Receivers / TE
Brady: Troy Brown / David Patten / Bert Emanuel / Jermaine Wiggins
Cassel: Randy Moss / Wes Welker / Jabar Gaffney / Ben Watson

You're so good at making good points.

Status
Not open for further replies.