PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Pats go 16-0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan135

Rookie
Reaction score
I think yes, because we have already played two of the hardest games on our schudule.But pittsburgh but if we won against the cowboys and the colts we should do pretty good.

Re: will the pats go 16-0

Yes, I think they will. I THINK they will.

Last edited:

only 3 games away from home bills, ravens mon nite, giants.

Pats will go 16-0

It depends on a few things really.

How early Bellichick puts in the backups once we've sealed home field advantage.

How well the back ups perform.

And if Brady hasn't already shattered Manning's record by the last few games im sure he'll want to carry on playing.

Personally, i think we'll do it, although @Giants on the last game might be difficult with Cassel taking the snaps.

no way. even if they had a 70% chance of winning each game from here on out they'd only have a 3% chnce of winning them all.

Re: Will the pats go 16-0

The only challenge in my opinion the Steelers, and I do not see them beating us

as long as nobody gets hurt and BB doesn't play backups after HFA is secured I don't see anybody beating you. Smart thing would to play backups after HF is secured but it would be fun to see the Pats go for it, maybe they could go all out and get a huge lead by halftime of all the games and play backups the 2nd half, if the game starts to get close put the starters back in..just some random thoughts, I hope the Pats do it, I can't believe I just said that..:eek:

Last edited:

no way. even if they had a 70% chance of winning each game from here on out they'd only have a 3% chnce of winning them all.

Of course, their odds of winning the first nine were less than that. Not to mention that we aren't talking about measurable odds anyway. (you can't say that any team has a x% chance of winning it.)

Not saying they'll go undefeated, but the 'odds' have very little to do with it.

I have believed they'd go 19-0 from the get go so no point in changing that opinion now.

BB will "rest" his starters during the wild card weekend. No sooner.

Not 16-0 we want 19-0

First, congrats on a great game against Indy this week! The Pats overcame adversity, (hostile environment, lots of penalties, etc.) and still overcame it all to pull out a win. As an unbiased and neutral observer, it was just a great football game!

That being said, I still think that Pittsburgh has the BEST shot at upsetting the Pats. The Colts Defense came out hot, getting pressure on Brady out of the gate, and it worked! However, either the o-line made adjustments or Indy's D simply gassed, cause that pressure was noticeably less and less as the game progressed. I'm not naive enough to think that the Steelers offense is on par with NE, but I think Pittsburgh's physical, blitzing style of defense could be the factor that could keep them in it. Now, the Steeler D has been running hot and cold this season, so it all depends on which unit shows up December 9th, but I think this will definitely be an interesting game....especially with NE coming off a short week against another physical opponent in the Ravens.

Best of luck, but I don't think beating Indy seals the deal on an undefeated season. Still plenty of football to be played! :rocker:

It's real hard to do fellas. They very well could do it, but assuming they reach 13, or 14-0, with home field locked up, will they play their starters and risk injury for the record? Would you want them to? I think they will to a degree. Maybe play Brady & Co. for a half.

Considering that this team went 9 - 0 before the buy and has played 13 games in a row without a break(counting preseason) I wouldn't be surprised if BB didn't rest the starters until the Wild Card Weekend.

Though I wonder if our team can hold up playing so much during the season.

The Bills are playing better football than when we first played them, and the Steelers will be a test, but I think the real test will be that last game against the Giants. They can be scary. The entire world will be watching that one if the Pats go into it 15-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back