PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Pats be dancing with Jason Taylor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. It's easier to take notes when sitting at desk as opposed to driving. LOL

Ok, she looks familar, but I can't place her. Who is that eye candy in your av?

Is this a joke? I wouldnt give more than 750k/yr for Taylor.

If we somehow ended up signing Jason Taylor, does anyone think that we might trade Pierre Woods? We Taylor and Adalius Thomas as starting OLBs. If we draft a 1st day OLB (Connor Barwin, Clay Matthews, etc.) then we would have Crable and a rookie OLB to learn the system behind Thomas and Taylor, and eventually take over as starters. I can't see us carrying more than 5 OLBs, so that would leave Woods, Banta-Cain and Redd to fight it out for one spot.

I like Woods, particularly on ST. He is solid, but I don't see him being a long-term starter at OLB for us. He is tendered at a 2nd round pick as an RFA. I don't see anyone rush to sign him, but we might be able to trade him for a 3rd round pick given all the teams moving to a 3-4 defense. Denver might bite, for example, and then they would have Woods and Jarvis Moss as their 3-4 OLBs, which wouldn't be too terrible. With an extra 3rd we could potentially package the extra pick with #89 and move back into the 2nd round for another quality player, or trade it into 2010.

Just a thought.

another jason cole article about jason taylor and the patriots:

Pats' Kraft open to idea of adding Taylor

"Great player," owner Robert Kraft said with a big smile while at the owners meetings. "I'm sure that can happen if he wants it."

Two sources close to Taylor indicated last weekend that the Patriots are his top choice. Taylor has spent most of the month with his family in South Florida since being cut by Washington and is in no drastic hurry to sign with a team.

another jason cole article about jason taylor and the patriots:

Pats' Kraft open to idea of adding Taylor

"Great player," owner Robert Kraft said with a big smile while at the owners meetings. "I'm sure that can happen if he wants it."

Two sources close to Taylor indicated last weekend that the Patriots are his top choice. Taylor has spent most of the month with his family in South Florida since being cut by Washington and is in no drastic hurry to sign with a team.

those are two really interesting quotes....Really gets you thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes