PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots trade Matt Light?

Status
Not open for further replies.
was it really worth ur time tryin to get the upper hand on man by pointin out my abbreviation bc ur lackin self esteem seel? and no its not but type smarter not harder

No ... Belichick is going to stock the roster with 4 or 5 tackles ... he will be phasing out the TE and will be using tackles who check in as receiver eligible. I think he'll be utilizing the H-back position more.

Would you care to give us specific examples of them getting their a**es beat in the playoffs? (Other than the Ravens game :rolleyes:)

How about the SB against the gints for the ULTIMATE example......light and kaczur have been getting beat badly OFTEN for at least past three years......last year light got beat horribly during SEVERAL games resulting in Brady getting blindsided or killed...I would trade both light and kaczur if there is any chance/takers

I started a critical post after the first game last year, Light always sucks against Buffalo and it nearly cost us the game. He got better as the year went on but he was in no way his older "pro bowl" form. The fact is his and Mankins contracts are up at the same time with their careers going in opposite directions(read $$). I can see Light taking a paycut to play LG and backup LT. He played RT a little while last year and just looked totally out of place.
Kaczur resigned last year for cheap $$, Neal is back but we dont know how long. Same with Koppen. We essentially traded Hobbs for Orhnberger in the last draft, he should be ready to make a play for Neal's job this year. I can see us taking a T in the mid rounds, I like Fox from Miami.
Without Welker to start the year, I'd have Vollmer working with the TEs and have a monster 6 man line just to beat people up. It'll never happen,lol.

we are okay at lt, lg, and rg..but id love an upgrade at center with maurkice pouncey, saffold, and an upgrade at right tackle with a trent williams, bruce campbell, anthony davis, veldheer, or tony washington, and charles brown looked pretty salty against ohio state on youtube

Last edited:
was it really worth ur time tryin to get the upper hand on man by pointin out my abbreviation bc ur lackin self esteem seel? and no its not but type smarter not harder

I'm enjoying the irony of you taking the time to spell out "abbreviation".

glad i could make your friday evening:rocker:

i think we keep light. after this season he will be what? 32, 33? then we can sign him to a nice 3 year deal relatively low...i dont expect him to command so much on the open market. hopefully by then vollmer will be a very good LT and light can be our RT

nobody would give up a 1st or 2nd rounder for him.......

and he's not worth moving for less than that

Things the Patriots have an abundance of: Draft picks

Things the Patriots don't have an abundance of: Quality offensive line depth and veteran leadership.

Trading Light is not a good idea.

I was going to make a post with stats about how Light and Vollmer were pretty close last season and there was a big drop to Kaczur, but what you said really sums it up best.

I also find people saying stuff like "Put Light at RG" pretty funny.

Looks like an uncapped year, so paying several mill to Light for a quality, proven vet is simply a pocketbook issue for Kraft, not a salary cap roster value decision. Having a couple guys who can play LT and puting one of them (Das ubergrossen futballer, Herr Vollmer) at RT where he's comfortable and productive seems like a good move to protect The Franchise @ QB rather than flailing away at evanescent and likely unproductive draft picks. Just Do It.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye