PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots trade LB Thomas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and the answer is NO. AD does not want to be the coverage LB, and given his skills that attracted BB to him, I don't blame AD for wanting to be the guy who felt his best skills are suited to bring pressure.

This is precisely why Peppers will have no desire to be a NEP. Will he accept an AD type role as LB ? and he does not want to play DE. In NE system he would be absolutely useless and overpaid DE since we play contain

Huh? What about that little matter of around $20 MILLION he's been paid to do what he's asked, not mope around and give less than a full effort. No one forced him to sign here and he could have asked out of his contract if he was so unhappy. Instead he became an uncooperative malcontent and he shouldn't be blamed for that? Man, have we dropped our standards as human beings...

in today's nfl and for the past few years, i think James Harrison, Mike Vrabel, Junior Seau, Jeff Garcia, Kurt Warner, and even Brett Favre has proved that age doesnt really make a difference. Its all about your drive and motor of the game. I make this statement because i think that Thomas age may not play a factor. Maybe BB didnt completely play him up to his potential which could play a major part in his trade value.

Earlier i made a post about possibly signing/trading for Merriman, Peppers, Jason Taylor, Dansby, and TBC. But just imagine our defense with possibly Peppers and Osi Umenyiora on the ends!!! Thats right, I say that we even try to make a play for Osi if Taylor or Peppers doesnt come. I think that Thomas + this year's 2nd or next year's 3rd would definitly do it. and if you look at his last game locker room interview, he even stated that it maybe his last game as a ny giant. I honestly like Osi better than all the players i named because i know, for sure, that he's still a young hungry player and definitly provides great leadership. The giants has the depth at the d-line to pull the trigger on this and with Osi being out for the whole 2008 season, Tuck stepped up and became the new leader of the d-line.

I say, of all the moves this offseason, I really hope BB looks into this if he's leaning on the 4-3 defense. We could even have a balanced D and play both, 4-3 and 3-4 with Osi and Peppers/Taylor/TBC (as a situational play) on the outside, Mayo and Dansby/draft pick in the inside

Is there any reason why a trade package that includes a swap of a disgruntled Brandon Marshall for a disgruntled Adalius Thomas out of the question?

Seems to me there's two teams with disgruntled players and strong personal ties might get together to help each other address their issues.

Huh? What about that little matter of around $20 MILLION he's been paid to do what he's asked, not mope around and give less than a full effort. No one forced him to sign here and he could have asked out of his contract if he was so unhappy. Instead he became an uncooperative malcontent and he shouldn't be blamed for that? Man, have we dropped our standards as human beings...

What does money have to do with anything ? That's the dumbest comment/rebuttal to a point. He came here because BB/SP coveted him and PAID him what his value was at the time they CHOSE to Pay. He came here with certain expectation what his skills could benefit the team. He shut his mouth and did his job in 2007 and 2008.

So, our fastest LB is hanging around as coverage LB, and when unable to live up to his own or coach's expectations is not allowed to ask for better role ? You know nothing asto whether he was uncooperative or not. That's between AT and BB. There's nothing wrong with having a philosophical difference. This is a business and AT is looking out for his best interest. He's not just "hanging" around to collect a paycheck. Get real about your objectivity glasses about humna being standards

BTW you have same malcontent at WR spot that BB coveted and PAID (aka Moss). Tomorrow if BB decides to put Moss as slot receiver, you think he will shut up and not mope around ? Get real.

Is there any reason why a trade package that includes a swap of a disgruntled Brandon Marshall for a disgruntled Adalius Thomas out of the question?

Seems to me there's two teams with disgruntled players and strong personal ties might get together to help each other address their issues.

Sure....Adalius + #1.........Marshall is premier #1 WR and Broncos and Josh McDaniels are not the Oakland Raiders to be duped

Thomas has no trade value whatsoever. 5M for a disgruntled, old, pretty much useless player in the last year of a contract?

No value.

Sure....Adalius + #1.........Marshall is premier #1 WR and Broncos and Josh McDaniels are not the Oakland Raiders to be duped

In addition to being disgruntled and engaged in a power struggle with his coach, who needs to show who the boss is, Marshall's also in the last year of his contract.

He's potentialy a one year rental and no telling if he'll even play hard unless he has a new contract.

I'm not 100% sure that has him worth a 1st round pick in the NFL. No doubt he's an exceptionally talented WR - but his downside is why he's on the trading block right now.

Thomas has no trade value whatsoever. 5M for a disgruntled, old, pretty much useless player in the last year of a contract?

No value.
Cousin, under normal CBA rules I agree. But this will be a very lean UFA year because of the RFA situation. There are going to be teams such as the Titans who could loose both starting LBs. The Cards LB situation is poor if they lose Dansby. Mangini needs LBs and Detroit needs everything. Even the Saints might lose Fujita.

Washington could be a home for him. He could be a requirement in a trade and Snyder is not scared of contracts. I don't think Shanny will opt for Rookie LBs. Portis seems iffy if they will keep him and he has had injuries. He is not full time. I could see a package involving AD and Maroney for perhaps Cooley and Santana Moss (70 receptions last year with a weak QB) as our #3 WR. He is younger than Randy. Cooley (only 27) would be a magnificent upgrade over Watson and can't be that much worse of a blocker.He is 250lbs. I see Cooley as a Clark type. Cooley only played seven games as he was injured and caught the same amount of passes (29) as Watson did for the entire season!! There might be some exchange of picks but I could see this working out. We need a TE and a #3 WR and the Skins need a QB so they won't have to draft a RB which is their other need in this Draft too. Their OLBs are not much after Orapko.
DW Toys

Last edited:
What does money have to do with anything ? That's the dumbest comment/rebuttal to a point.

Money has nothing to do with this situation? I shouldn't even have honored your remark with a reply...

Last edited:
I'll pay top $$ for Marshall. That guy is too nice. I'll pay him top 5 $$ if I were GM.

I'll pay top $$ for Marshall. That guy is too nice. I'll pay him top 5 $$ if I were GM.

Only if the contract has an out or the pick is contingent on his behavior.

Trade Adalius Thomas and Laurence Maroney together for a 4th pick in 2010 and a 3rd in 2011 and I say great deal to any team interested..

Time to take out the worthless trash in Foxboro

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes