PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots let Asante walk after 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or well talking or something. Saw it on NFL Network a while ago so I don't know the exact words he used. But something like that.

If we franchise him again in 2008, then he's had a HELLUVA 2007!!!

BTW, I do agree with you that Wayne is a premier WR, I just have a higher opinion of Gay than most. Many downgrade him because of his injuries while others think that he needs to prove that his rookie year wasn't a fluke. I think that he is actually a quality #2 CB.

I agree with you 100% here. I think Gay is a great #2 CB in our system. I just hate when people bash players and label them "injury prone" after two injuries. The second one wasn't even that serious, I read that they put him on IR as a precautionary move. Rodney Harrison got hurt more than Gay in the last 2 years and people seem to welcome him back with much love, but where is the love for Blue. C'mon.

Or well talking or something. Saw it on NFL Network a while ago so I don't know the exact words he used. But something like that.
I think it's more like Samuel saying "I want this". And the Patriots walking away. I doubt it's much of a negotiation.

Poor Asante. He's only going to make $7.8 million this year guaranteed, and if the Pats franchise him again next year he'll only make $10+ million guaranteed. What a damn crying shame. At that rate in 2008 he will have only made about $20 million for his career and pretty soon he'll be pushing 30.

How can you expect a guy to live on that? I say we take up a collection.

No, they don't let him walk, minimum of Franchise and Trade. Best case they sign him long-term. I would be a little disapointed, he is more than a system player, he has gotten better each year and is in his prime. But if he leaves such is life... (please see Malloy, Ty Law, Willie, Adam, Deion, etc. etc. etc.)

Back to the thread topic. No, they won't just let Samuel walk after the year. I would guess a tag and trade. But, what if he has a bad year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes