PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots bring back the old uniform permanently at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading this thread thinking this would be a sanctuary for Actual Pats Fan and maybe keep him from derailing other threads complaining about uniforms. I was reading and wondering where he was then realized I had him on ignore.

You and mosslost certainly deserve each other. Quickly becoming 2 of the most irritating posters on this forum with the incessant need to bash the team over the goddamn uniforms.

The old logo aint coming back except for the occasional throwback game. The Pats turned the corner from that cursed uniform long ago when Parcells injected professionalism into the wallowing franchise.

Tom's arrival - and Kraft's inaction - has made this more difficult.

Unfortunately, when it comes to protecting the Patriots, Kraft completely caves in to to whatever the league concocts; after only one year and 12 days in office, Goodell first recklessly and rashly decided that Belichick violated rules, and then levied a discipline that would make Caligula blush, all to (unsuccessfully) pacify the loudmouth crybaby moron losers among the owners:

Okay for me to post this?

HIS BOSSES WERE furious. Roger Goodell knew it. So on April 1, 2008, the NFL commissioner convened an emergency session of the league's spring meeting at The Breakers hotel in Palm Beach, Florida. Attendance was limited to each team's owner and head coach. A palpable anger and frustration had rumbled inside club front offices since the opening Sunday of the 2007 season.
Behind closed doors, Goodell addressed what he called "the elephant in the room" and, according to sources at the meeting, turned over the floor to Robert Kraft. Then 66, the billionaire Patriots owner stood and apologized for the damage his team had done to the league and the public's confidence in pro football. Kraft talked about the deep respect he had for his 31 fellow owners and their shared interest in protecting the NFL's shield. Witnesses would later say Kraft's remarks were heartfelt, his demeanor chastened. For a moment, he seemed to well up.

After the months of asterisks, ridicule, Tomase and losing one of our biggest games ever, THIS is how Kraft responded. This is the reason for Defamegate. He let his team be thrown off a cliff. By the league. Just as he did in '94.

I understand how many posters here have completely, permanently given up on him.
You are embarrassing yourself. its a uniform thread lol.

it's funny they call it a "losing uniform". So stupid
whats stupid is how emotional you are over a uniform. get a grip little man lol

Last edited:
Incorrect. Goodell and the Patriots new logo have nothing to do with one another.

The current Pats logo was officially used and introduced in 1993.

Roger Goodell came into power in 2006.

As much as you despise the new logo, trying to associate it with Goodell is a red herring.

A similar version to the current "Elvis" logo as it is nicknamed was actually first introduced to fans in 1979 but was turned down at that time.

Article:
The Evolution of the Patriots Logo and Uniform

Goodell epitomizes the Flying Elvis era. It's his signature.

All, I am going to drop forever the uniform thing in here. I made my point it seems. When I made the post I did not really realize that you all have gone through this whole thing it seems , potentially over and over, already. OK. I like the old uniform way better. In the spirit of having fun I have overstated my total disdain of the new logo a "tad". (But just a tad) I respect whatever uniform you prefer and if I offended anyone with too much "it's an embarassment" talk I apologize. Peace.

For anyone hoping they will go back to the red uniforms keep dreaming. I love those old uni's, as a kid in Vancouver, B.C they were the reason the Pats became my favorite team in the mid-80's.

When I was 12 I picked my team based on my favourite uni's, but let's be completely realistic, the Flying Elvis logo and current uni's are the brand that is linked with one of the most successful runs in sports history. There is no way they will change it. Every time they show a clip of Brady holding a Super Bowl trophy, or Butler making the interception, or Vinatieri making the kick, it's in the current uni's and these uni's will always be associated with winning. That's marketing gold, and no matter how we feel about the old ones, they ain't coming back.

Bring 'em back 1 game a year like another poster commented.

For anyone hoping they will go back to the red uniforms keep dreaming. I love those old uni's, as a kid in Vancouver, B.C they were the reason the Pats became my favorite team in the mid-80's.

When I was 12 I picked my team based on my favourite uni's, but let's be completely realistic, the Flying Elvis logo and current uni's are the brand that is linked with one of the most successful runs in sports history. There is no way they will change it. Every time they show a clip of Brady holding a Super Bowl trophy, or Butler making the interception, or Vinatieri making the kick, it's in the current uni's and these uni's will always be associated with winning. That's marketing gold, and no matter how we feel about the old ones, they ain't coming back.

Very good points. Unfortunately they can't bring the old uniforms back any more due to new helmet safety rules as I understand it. (Though I don't get why)

Very good points. Unfortunately they can't bring the old uniforms back any more due to new helmet safety rules as I understand it. (Though I don't get why)

Denver just used their old helmet Thursday night. Don't see why we couldn't use it once a year.

The old logo aint coming back except for the occasional throwback game. The Pats turned the corner from that cursed uniform long ago when Parcells injected professionalism into the wallowing franchise.
Parcells totally preferred Pat Patriot, and finally got so fed up with ownership he couldn't get out of here fast enough

Fool's gold.

Anyone afraid of wearing the "throwbacks" in '17, lest we win again?

All, I am going to drop forever the uniform thing in here. I made my point it seems. When I made the post I did not really realize that you all have gone through this whole thing it seems , potentially over and over, already. OK. I like the old uniform way better. In the spirit of having fun I have overstated my total disdain of the new logo a "tad". (But just a tad) I respect whatever uniform you prefer and if I offended anyone with too much "it's an embarassment" talk I apologize. Peace.
they're not listening, and don't get it

Your name makes sense to me. Look, the old uniform is awesome, is classic looking, and the new logo is a total embarrassment. And for any fool to think winning has anything to do with it is beyond dumb.
look the new uni is awesome. the old one is a total embarrassment. never said they lost games because of the old logo lol. i said it signified losing. there's a difference. you can't see it because you are behaving like a hormonal 40 year old women lol. when i see the old logo i think pain losing 1 and 15. may the flying logo live forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back