PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots bring back the old uniform permanently at some point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, why does it f**king matter so much to some people? It's just a uniform. It's been 23 years since we switched. If it's still causing embarrassment, there must be a reason, right? Are opposing fans relentlessly making fun of you for being a fan of a team with such awful uniforms? Again, where is this embarrassment coming from?

As I told Actual Pats Fan months back, if the Texas Longhorns change their uniforms, and 23 years from now I'm still pissed, bitter or embarrassed, please kill me.
It's an issue that clearly does not matter to some fans. Many fans. Bruins fans. Apparently, Cleveland Cavaliers fans.

But for those to whom it does, what are the relevant factors?

1. Personal team and civic pride, and class. Especially applicable to franchises with long histories.

2. Intimidation of the opponent; an aura, an atmosphere of excellence and attention to detail. This can be misconstrued by opponents as arrogance.

Examples: 70's Bruins(only thru '74). 80's 49ers. Any decade Celtics. Spurs. Yankees. Packers. Raiders. Blackhawks. Red Wings.

It says: This is an organization that is serious about its sport, and winning, and respecting tradition, history and its fans, and representing its community with class; and we've come to play today.

Teams with silly tasteless replacement uniforms: The opposite.

I keep reading your posts lambasting the past 20+ years of Patriots history, and something keeps striking me as familiar. I've finally put my finger on it.

You post as an opposing fan. You root for another team: the 1970s Patriots.

I get that you fell in love with that team and can't let them go, and that the modern incarnation of the Patriots feels like imposters to you. But this is a forum that lives and breathes every detail of the 2016 New England Patriots. That team's season is in full swing, and it's an incredibly compelling season. Given that your team isn't suiting up this year, maybe you can try rooting for ours? It could be a lot more fun than feeling your blood boil every time you see a blue jersey.

Jim Plunkett ain't walkin' through that door. Steve Grogan ain't walkin' through that door.

You're so full of ****.

01 ~ You abandoned the Team in 1993. You dumped them. You abandoned us. You flat out admitted it, right here, but psychotically tried to frame it as them...abandoning you. :confused::eek::rolleyes:

02 ~ Because of Uniforms!!! In the History of Everything, nobody has ever come up with a more pathetically transparent excuse for Cowardice and Betrayal than that one!!
icon_lol.gif

03 ~ You Sold Out. PatsFans.com's Rules of Engagement prevent me stating what that makes you. :eek:

04 ~ But they don't prevent me telling you that your despicable, disloyal Cowardice disgusts me.

05 ~ And now, 23 Years later, you're trying to slip back in. :rolleyes:

06 ~ I've seen some slimy, sleazy things in my Day...But trying to excuse your vile, disgusting, and contemptible Abandonment and Betrayal of New EngLand and New EngLand's FootBall Team with this hilarious ******** about Uniforms ~ as if you preach Wisdom, when all you are is a Rat who abandoned the Team because we hadn't yet won any Super Bowls ~ is unimaginably pathetic.
The Flying Elvis-likers-then, and today (just look at their posts) are the ones who abandoned the team's logo and history "because we hadn't yet won any Super Bowls". Looks like a repeat of a previous post-I never "abandoned" or "dumped" my team.

If anyone "sold out", it is those who blindly accepted the ugly new logo initiated by someone not from here who had zero regard for the team, or its fans...justifying it solely with the fact it had never won a championship...

What can football fans in Philadelphia, Detroit, or Cleveland possibly think? What about Minnesota, Buffalo, Atlanta or Cincinnnati?

It might help to envision this discussion taking place in 2000. But even if it occurs in 2037, that won't change anything.

Looking like, behaving like, and being a winner has nothing to do with the scoreboard.

Dismissing this franchise's first 33 years as losers is inaccurate, ignorant and disloyal. The teams mentioned above all have long-time, loyal fans, despite losing a lot more than we ever did.

What will be the harm if we wear our "throwbacks" for all of 2017, and win the title?

I am an old school throwback guy and like the logo, but it needs some serious updating..

Looks like Sullivan had to throw something together quickly to meet an AFL deadline..

images

I was reading this thread thinking this would be a sanctuary for Actual Pats Fan and maybe keep him from derailing other threads complaining about uniforms. I was reading and wondering where he was then realized I had him on ignore.

You and mosslost certainly deserve each other. Quickly becoming 2 of the most irritating posters on this forum with the incessant need to bash the team over the goddamn uniforms.

i prefer the current uniform. the old one symbolizes failure. when you win 4 SB with a uniform. that should be the uniform for eternity.
Tom's arrival - and Kraft's inaction - has made this more difficult.

Unfortunately, when it comes to protecting the Patriots, Kraft completely caves in to to whatever the league concocts; after only one year and 12 days in office, Goodell first recklessly and rashly decided that Belichick violated rules, and then levied a discipline that would make Caligula blush, all to (unsuccessfully) pacify the loudmouth crybaby moron losers among the owners:

Okay for me to post this?

HIS BOSSES WERE furious. Roger Goodell knew it. So on April 1, 2008, the NFL commissioner convened an emergency session of the league's spring meeting at The Breakers hotel in Palm Beach, Florida. Attendance was limited to each team's owner and head coach. A palpable anger and frustration had rumbled inside club front offices since the opening Sunday of the 2007 season.
Behind closed doors, Goodell addressed what he called "the elephant in the room" and, according to sources at the meeting, turned over the floor to Robert Kraft. Then 66, the billionaire Patriots owner stood and apologized for the damage his team had done to the league and the public's confidence in pro football. Kraft talked about the deep respect he had for his 31 fellow owners and their shared interest in protecting the NFL's shield. Witnesses would later say Kraft's remarks were heartfelt, his demeanor chastened. For a moment, he seemed to well up.

After the months of asterisks, ridicule, Tomase and losing one of our biggest games ever, THIS is how Kraft responded. This is the reason for Defamegate. He let his team be thrown off a cliff. By the league. Just as he did in '94.

I understand how many posters here have completely, permanently given up on him.

Last edited:
I was reading this thread thinking this would be a sanctuary for Actual Pats Fan and maybe keep him from derailing other threads complaining about uniforms. I was reading and wondering where he was then realized I had him on ignore.

You and mosslost certainly deserve each other. Quickly becoming 2 of the most irritating posters on this forum with the incessant need to bash the team over the goddamn uniforms.
The opposite of team bashing; sticking up for it and its fans; liking F.E. isn't wrong per se, but the rationale for preferring and keeping it and most important, the miscarriage of its inception are the problems.

Winning, which for the millionth time only began in 2001, is good, but neither it nor anything else makes this franchise the Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back