PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Patriots 1st quarter playoff woes continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The Pats have scored only 24 points in the past 8 games in the 1st quarter for just a 3 point average and Brady has had some tough times with a QB Rating of less than 50 in those 1st quarters.

Is this years team going to change that trend and we see the 10-0 Brady in his first 10 playoff games? or will it be more like the 4-4 in the past 8 games?.

We need that 10-0 Brady playoff performance back if we are to move on - Brady's playoff magic must return

Tom Brady has not been his terrific self in his last 8 playoff games - ESPN Boston

Last edited:
No question that the numbers are not that great.

He needs to continue to play at an MVP level for this team to go all the way. Unlike 01-04, not sure the defense can carry them- yet.

No question that the numbers are not that great.

He needs to continue to play at an MVP level for this team to go all the way. Unlike 01-04, not sure the defense can carry them- yet.

on the contrary, i want to see if the D can create turnovers in the playoffs and if not then still be effective. last 8 weeks have really been about the D starting fast,creating turnovers and scoring or creating short fields. if they dont do this, can the pats offense still be effective and score 30 odd pts?

on the contrary, i want to see if the D can create turnovers in the playoffs and if not then still be effective. last 8 weeks have really been about the D starting fast,creating turnovers and scoring or creating short fields. if they dont do this, can the pats offense still be effective and score 30 odd pts?

Oh I agree. Last 8 weeks the D has been one of, if not THE best in the NFL.

With that said, I'm not quite ready to insert them into the same category as the 01,03 and 04 defenses. Just can't do it.

With that said, I would not be shocked if they held every playoff opponent under 14 points.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes