PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the Loss in SB lead to end of Dynasty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
blatantly cheated the Steelers in the playoff game...Polamalu didn't intercept that ball??...bwahahahaha....poor Arrrr...so far up Polian's hershey he can see his molars...the Colts DEFINE modern cheating in the NFL....Polian should be criminally prosecuted for fraud
hahaha, you are such a sad person. The Colts have never cheated, the Patriots have. Just because you want it to be the other way around doesn't make it so. I'm really happy it upsets you so much though.:D

Exactly. Winning this year, or last year would have extended the "dynasty" (a foolish term anyways), but it's been over for a couple of years now. The only sad part is that they were an epic second half collapse, and an ill timed blitz away from five championships in seven years. Such is life.

If they were so close to that than how can you say it is over....I say getting that close will be something to remember about this team that will help put them over the top of other 3 time winners and when we get our 4th other 4 time winners.

I don't think this thing is over until you don't think they have a chanceto win a championship and seeing as vegas has them as odds on favorites next year than I say it is not over....with some hind sight years from now we will be able to better pin point the end of the dynasty but IMO there is still life here.

hahaha, you are such a sad person. The Colts have never cheated, the Patriots have. Just because you want it to be the other way around doesn't make it so. I'm really happy it upsets you so much though.:D

Where exactly was it shown the Pats cheated?

Since the Pats have been doing this since 2000, how is it that, if it's 'cheating', not a single person was able to catch a Patriot employee, openly taping opposing coaches on a wide open sideline with a handheld camera in plain view of thousands of people?

How was a Pat's employee without credentials able to 'sneak' into the Rams secretive, all important, SB walk thru mere months after 9/11, when security at the SB was at an all time high?

Why is it one tape supposedly shows an opposing coach waving back at the camera?
Why do we not hear from a single NFL coach decrying the issue?
Why do we instead hear former NFL coaches and players coming out and saying that not only is it no big deal, but many of them admit to doing things exactly like it during their tenure?

I just can't put my finger on it....

Where exactly was it shown the Pats cheated?

Since the Pats have been doing this since 2000, how is it that, if it's 'cheating', not a single person was able to catch a Patriot employee, openly taping opposing coaches on a wide open sideline with a handheld camera in plain view of thousands of people?

How was a Pat's employee without credentials able to 'sneak' into the Rams secretive, all important, SB walk thru mere months after 9/11, when security at the SB was at an all time high?

Why is it one tape supposedly shows an opposing coach waving back at the camera?
Why do we not hear from a single NFL coach decrying the issue?
Why do we instead hear former NFL coaches and players coming out and saying that not only is it no big deal, but many of them admit to doing things exactly like it during their tenure?

I just can't put my finger on it....
Sorry, the pats are cheaters, and wishing for it to be any other way won't make it so. You have no super bowl wins. You have no dynasty.

Arrrr is a regular Dolt troll obsessed with all things Patriot...which is why he comes to a Patriot board and claims I'm obsessed with the Dolts...it must be the water that leads to this peculiar form of insanity

I never said you were obsessed with the Colts, you're just completely delusional about how reality is. The Colts are not cheaters and have never cheated. The same can not be said for the Patriots.

Id say no, the Pats are fine on offense, and now its time to work on making the defense what it was in 03/04.

However, if the past 3 seasons, and the way the last two in particular ended it just isnt as easy to win it all as we all prolly once believed it to be.

I thought the way they lost in Indy would be motivation enough not to end a season like that again, I was wrong, this year isnt as worse but the way last year ended I thought that there be no way they would be out played in the SB to cap off a chance at a perfect season. Again, I was wrong.

Brady is great, but even though the offensive line didnt help, it was his play that changed the SB game. Missed players even when he had time, and thats not him, even when he has been pressured all day. Same thing in the SD game, throwing high, or throwing really low or even behind his WR all game.

No question something more then what we knew was happening, but the Pats dont make excuses so neither should we.

The question is valid although I think so long as we have Bill and Tom it will never be over.

But you points are way off.

as to the game plan....Yes the giants had a good one but they are not the first to try it...They had better personell for it, Tom had no mobility (anke possible hernia), THe oline had their worst game as a unit since the days of max lane, and the coaching dropped the ball on adjusting properly.

As to the Mystique....I think Seau and Junior knew there was no guarentee but also knew it was their best shot.....You think the giants would have been number 2 on their list no it would have been teams like Indy, Dallas, San Diego. We fell minutes short so I don't think this was busted.

While your third point has some credence I don't think it means the value isn't there at the role player and back up levels just that we have our roster pretty well stocked with talent and we didn't/don't need tons of middle class players every year because they are here already.

His third point would only have any credence if we were overpaying for talent at the top, and we aren't. We're still underpaying for that with the possible exception of Seymour, and if he performs back to the level he was capable of any time soon he too will remain a relative bargain. We have no one on the roster who is currently the highest paid at the position, although our long snapper used to be... After this FA period we will likely not have anyone on the roster even in the top 5 at their position by AAV or guaranteed value or total contract value or current cap hit other than Brady and Seymour.

there is no dynasty. None of the super bowls were won honestly. As a fan you have nothing to look on with pride now.

"Delusions are beliefs that are not backed up by reality. They may remain despite obvious evidence to the contrary, and the fact that nobody else believes them to be true.

Psychiatry. a fixed false belief that is resistant to reason or confrontation with actual fact: a paranoid delusion."

Here's hoping you get the help you need...

I never said you were obsessed with the Colts, you're just completely delusional about how reality is. The Colts are not cheaters and have never cheated. The same can not be said for the Patriots.

No, the Colts are just owned by a bunch of greedy extortionists who abandoned Baltimore in the middle of the night, and essentially threatened to abandon Indianapolis, too. :snob:

It's one thing to have a blue print, but executing is another. Most teams in the NFL didn't have the personel to execute that game plan. I don't think it's the end of the dynasty, the Pats went 16-0. They may actually be better next year with a worse record. If the Pats had a pass rush like the Giants, the Pats would have won that game. That is why I think Bill Belicheck will make an effort to get younger, faster and more pass rushers on defense. A couple good free agent signings and a solid draft will put New England in contention next year.

Last edited:

Go home little troll. You don't know who cheated, all you know is who got caught violating a rule and who didn't...yet. SF "cheated" the cap and didn't have their dynasty or superbowls revoked. Neither did they revoke Denver's when they retained their aging HOF QB by paying him under the table and off the cap.

Trolls and mediots can knock themselves out saying they Patriots "cheated", but it doesn't make it so. The commissioner said we violated a rule by taping something that it is not illegal to view and use because we positioned our video taping equipment in an unapproved location. He said the violation did not impact any of our Superbowls.

There are lots of long standing practices that could be considered illegal or cheating to gain a competitive advantage in football. We know coaches taped or spied on other teams practices because former coaches have matter of factly told us so. We know guys like your own Oline coach Howard Mudd were master signal stealers, just as we know other Oline coaches have persistently taught and encouraged their players to cut block in violation of NFL rules. We know coaches and players have illegally retained material from former employers like playbooks and in the case of our former DC laptops containing proprietary work property of former employers. We know FO's tamper with players under contract regularly. It's just hard to prove many allegations absent honesty when confronted or the threat of subpoena's and sworn oaths.

The Patriots have already faced the music. Those who should be most concerned about what happens going forward are the teams who haven't yet been confronted with what they did. Because believe me, there is plenty that potentially awaits them as collateral damage to the persuit or persecusion of one franchise. Which is why you don't see any GM's or HC's or owners climbing on the Specter witch hunt bandwaggon. Only naive fans.

Arrr has had his lunch handed to him so many times in this thread he should open a diner and sell off the surplus

All we gotta really do is to tighten up our offensive line (huge) and some other stuff (lots of little things) and then their only game plans will be to hope that we suck. We can expand the dynasty to SB wins/10 years if we have to, altough 3 wins in a decade still sounds sick :)
But if we win at least 1 (prob. 2) more superbowls before the 2010 season starts, we will be the dynasty...

I think it will come out sometime in the near future that all NFL teams have engaged in some kind of signal espionage. I certainly don't want to see this end up in a congressional hearing, Arlen Specter. :mad:

His third point would only have any credence if we were overpaying for talent at the top, and we aren't. We're still underpaying for that with the possible exception of Seymour, and if he performs back to the level he was capable of any time soon he too will remain a relative bargain. We have no one on the roster who is currently the highest paid at the position, although our long snapper used to be... After this FA period we will likely not have anyone on the roster even in the top 5 at their position by AAV or guaranteed value or total contract value or current cap hit other than Brady and Seymour.

We still don't overpay for verymany players maybe only seymour like you said but we are spending more on the top of the roster than we did in the past. Even if guys like moss and Thomas came here cheaper than they may have gotten else where doesn't mean they dont qualify as top of the roster talent. In the past we signed much more middle level talent now we still don't over spend for it. And I was saying the reasoning being that we have real solid middle level talent and with a jam packed roster there is only room for a few improvements each year....You will not see a FA year with the shear numbers like 01 for a long time.

Patriots dynasty will end after BB and TB leave the organization.

The dynasty is over. We have gone 3 years with no SB victory. Our team has serious rebuild issues; LBs are old and tired, we have no run game; all our TEs need to be replaced, assistant coaching staff is weak, offensive line had their manhood stolen from them in SB 42 they may never get it back, kicking game is not reliable and the secondary shows weakness when it counts.

We still don't overpay for very many players maybe only seymour like you said but we are spending more on the top of the roster than we did in the past. Even if guys like moss and Thomas came here cheaper than they may have gotten else where .

At Thomas's age, I think the Pats overpayed for him. I know he could have recieved more money elsewhere but the Pats payed him a lot of money to make plays on defense. However, we didn't hear much from Thomas throughout the season. Now if he were 25, then I would retract my statement that the Pats overpayed. The only thing I'm worried about is how much tread does Thomas have left?

Let me put it this way, if Suggs isn't franchised and could only chose between Thomas and Terrell Suggs, I'd use the money on Suggs. Who knows, the Pats may sign Suggs. It could happen.

Last edited:
The dynasty is over. We have gone 3 years with no SB victory. Our team has serious rebuild issues; LBs are old and tired, we have no run game; all our TEs need to be replaced, assistant coaching staff is weak, offensive line had their manhood stolen from them in SB 42 they may never get it back, kicking game is not reliable and the secondary shows weakness when it counts.

I agree .. not sure we were ever a dynasty either .. a great era perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes