PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will the FO add a defensive back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We have three STer's: Andrews, Iwoume and Spann. I don't think they'll be covering in the regular defense any time soon.

We have Hobbs,Samuel,Scott,Harrison,Wilson,Hawkins and Sanders.

Perhaps the FO has decided that 10 defensive backs is enough and that a 7-3 breakout between position players and special teamer is fine.

Me, I would prefer Poteat, or another position player, in place of one of the three Ster's.

I am not questioning the total of 10, just the allocation of 3 positions to Special Teams. I'd much rather see Hank than Troy coming out on the field on pass defense.

We'll see how the FO uses the 53rd spot recently vacated.

Last edited:
I agree about Troy Brown - I love the guy but who wants to see him on D? Not even Troy, it's almost too much to ask of a guy to prepare for both sides of the ball and special teams. Granted, he's done fine.

Last edited:
mgteich said:
We have three STer's: Andrews, Iwoume and Spann. I don't think they'll be covering in the regular defense any time soon.

Perhaps the FO has decided that 10 defensive backs is enough and that a 7-3 breakout between position players and special teamer is fine.

Me, I would prefer Poteat, or another position player, in place of one of the three Ster's.

I am not questioning the total of 10, just the allocation of 3 positions to Special Teams. I'd much rather see Hank than Troy coming out on the field on pass defense.

Amen. Why Hank was released at this time still puzzles me. For now.

BradyManny2344 said:
I agree about Troy Brown - I love the guy but who wants to see him on D? Not even Troy, it's almost too much to ask of a guy to prepare for both sides of the ball and special teams. Granted, he's done fine.

Thats right Troy is one of our most consistent receivers and he's a total team player but Offense is where he needs to be right now especially.

captain stone said:
Amen. Why Hank was released at this time still puzzles me. For now.
Maybe they are going to pick up some other DB that they think is of a better value.

mgteich said:

I count 6 DBs 3 special teamers and 1 question mark??:confused:

I believe the 53rd slot has been cleared for Patrick Pass, who becomes eligible to come off the PUP next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back