Welcome to PatsFans.com

Will The Double Standard Stand

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +116 / 7 / -10

The MSM will bury it quickly, if J Bush had done something similar it would be front page news.

That siad this shouldn't be a huge media event, just like the stuff with the Bush kids shouldn't have been exploited and turned into a media circus.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The right wing fantasy continues, it is all over the front page of the national publications.. so can't play the underdog card on this one. Most of us believe that fathers and mothers are not responsible for the sins of their adult children. Felt that way for the bushie twins, feel that way for Steve Belichick and now for Al Gore III. Now if he was driving a Corvette or a Hummer, might feel different, did not know a Prius could go 100 MPH must have been downhill.
  4. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The only double standard I see is that the insane right is allowed to have two threads on this subject. If anyone else had done that the threads would have been merged; but of course if any of the righties here at Patsfans are subject to even the tiniest amount of moderation there's 15,000 posts of whining, crying and complaining. If I was a moderator I wouldn't want to have to read all that crap either.
  5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

I tried to delete mine after I saw the other one but couldn't I figured Patters would do it for me
    (you probably won't believe that.

Patters "Delete This Thread" Please For God Sakes.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  6. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

The myth of a liberal media.

The so called "liberal media" is a MYTH, created by those who simply can't stand being exposed or the parties they are loyal to being exposed for corruption and/or other shortcomings, or more typically, real news that puts a bad light on them.

Last I knew, the media, like most any other institution in our great country, exists to make money. Now, given that there is a conservative majority base in the population in this country, what sense does it make for a "liberal media" to piss off this majority base?

Answer: it makes no sense at all. There is no general liberal media, never has been, never will be. I underscore "general" in that, there certainly are some media outlets that are governed by liberal sensibilities, the Boston Globe perhaps being the most famous, local media outlet. But for each of these, there are at least an equal number of conservative media outlets.

The ironic part of all this is that the conservative outlets are always so unabashedly conservative, and yet it is the conservatives who are the ones who constantly WHINE about a "liberal media". And I stress "whine" because, frankly, I wouldn't know what else to call it.

So please, all you conservative pussies... STOP WHINING ALREADY! You sound like such babies. "Waaaaaah!!! That's not true!!!..." :rolleyes:
  7. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +116 / 7 / -10

Re: The myth of a liberal media.

Why is it that 90% of the media votes for dems?
  8. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Oh really..? Which ones...?
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So the "liberal media" is a myth but the conservative media is real. Yeah. Right. Sure. :rolleyes:
    The only one whining here is you... well, "ranting and raving" is a more appropriate description...
  10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

You obviously did not check, just about everyone I checked on line had it on the front page.. continue the fantasy.. but otoh it really does not matter, this kid obviously has some drug issues and should not be front page either in world net or NYT.
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

:rofl: Oh my, now you're backtracking as fast as you possibly can... you said "it is all over the front page of the national publications" - you did not say "front page online".. nice try. (Actually, no it wasn't a nice try. It was a pathetic try). :rofl:
    Yeah... sure... by the way, which national publications had this story "all over the front page"...? Hmmm...? Which ones..? They should be easy to list since there's so many, right..? Why aren't you answering my question..?
  12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

ADDENDUM: Can we nominate this post for "Cowardly backtrack of the year"..? In a matter of mere minutes, we see you've gone from:

"The right wing fantasy continues, it is all over the front page of the national publications"

to

"just about everyone I checked on line had it on the front page.."

to

"otoh it really does not matter,"

Of course, you still haven't named any such publications... we're still waiting... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

The NY Times, CBS, AL Franken (Flop Radio) Dan Rather, they yelled, screamed and bawled about GW Bush being a drunk for Five Years, then they went insane when Jenna Bush used a fake ID to buy a beer and they yelped about that one for another two years.

Shhhhhhh, don't say anything about "Poor Gore".

Why do Moonbats make Hybrid Cars that travel 100 MPH, are they going to enter them in NASCAR.

Speed limits are 55 to 65, they will ruin the planet, stop the madness.
    :bricks:
  14. godef

godef Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Ooooh, such clever comebacks! Once again, a deflective response with absolutely no substance. Should have figured. :rolleyes:
  15. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +116 / 7 / -10

I don't watch TV, except for sports. Was there any mention of ALgore's son????

Wasn't on the front page of the WaPo today.

Had it been a Bush child with illegal drugs and driving 100 mph it would have been wall to wall coverage for weeks. Paris Hilton coverage +.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Far Lefty NBC mentioned it on the Whiney Liberal "Today Show" that Vera women was interviewing the Boob himself Bellowing Al, when she brought the subject up I thought she was going to start crying, Mr President went through all the usual "Kennedy Sh!t", rehab, love, pressure, depression, "Hate Bush", why don't these people just come out and say what my father used to say, "he's out raisng hell and as soon as the cops get through with him I'm going to break every bone in his tongue"

"oh mommy, I'm depressed, waahhhhhh, sob sob wheeze fart"
  17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +116 / 7 / -10

I heard about that Algore was on Thursday, Correct?

I was asking about today since I expect the story to be quickly buried.
  18. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

I think it's buried already.
  19. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Its amazing how on the web people are portrayed by their very best moments or their very worst moments exclusively. At least with the old media there was some semblance of balance and context. The Shrub's daughters aren't drunken sluts all the time, just every once and a while. There's very, very few women who've never acted like drunken sluts at least once in their lives, and most of them are either Nuns or entirely too much like MS Ballbricker from Porkey's. Mostly the Bush twins are just regular young women forced to deal with the extraordinary pressure of having dad be the most powerful person on the planet, and an absolute moron to boot. Its not too much different for Al Gore Jr. I bet he takes grandma's garbage out every week; but that don't mean squat here. Here he's nothing but a drunken, pill-popping menace on the road.

New media=better media? PBBBBBBTTTTTT!!!!
  20. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

LETS BE FAIR..........

This is not left/right, so much as it is have/have not.............

It been this way for ages, and will be for many more. People and children of privileged get away with more than the average joe, conservatives and liberalism aside.

Lets not see politics where there isn't.