PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Taylor Price be on active list Sunday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pats lose a WR or Ocho doesn't come around and Price will get his shot......

Pats WR corps is kinda deep.....ya think?

WR Corps is deep. I however see AH as a WR in a TE body. When AH went down we lost 1 of our MOST productive weapons. AH was both quick and fast and ran solid routes. All I have been hearing from reports is how impressed COACHES and players a like are w/ TP's Quickness/speed and his ability to track the football and the compliments of his good hands. Price would be an immediate "WTF" option for D-coordinators that are unfamiliar w/ him:)

Price being active makes too much sense it had better happen especially w/ Dan Gronk gone

But how soon until BB runs out of patience with his health issues?

As patchick suggested, this is pure speculation at its best.

We really have no idea at all what the deal with Price is, but I'd imagine that Belichick didn't plan on him playing last yr, so I doubt that he has reached any kind of disappointment with Price so far.

I'd bet that Price is a lot closer to a lock to make next yr's team than he is to be released in TC. He has potential, a cheap rookie deal, and there's absolutely no reason for us to currently think that he isn't doing his job.

For all we know, he has/had a minor injury and could have played had he needed to right now.

I have every faith that the quality of offensive line play and Tom Brady coupled with defensive problems across all NFL defenses will ensure a good standard of Patriots performance.

it would be nice to see him on the field but i dont think he will be

Considering the potency and effectiveness of this record breaking offense through 2 weeks, i'm amazed that people still obsess over a player further down the depth chart.

I understood the Crable situation because that really was an area of need.

The receiving corps is currently tearing the NFL a new one, mostly through the use of 2TE/2WR sets, and yet people are getting all anxious and upset because out No.3 and No.4 WR's haven't seen the field much!

Considering the potency and effectiveness of this record breaking offense through 2 weeks, i'm amazed that people still obsess over a player further down the depth chart.

The receiving corps is currently tearing the NFL a new one, mostly through the use of 2TE/2WR sets, and yet people are getting all anxious and upset because out No.3 and No.4 WR's haven't seen the field much!

Well we currently only have 1 active TE. This time is good as any to work a WR low on the depth chart into that record breaking offense. Though I think it will be more the case that Ocho will get more catches.

We have Ocho and Slater. IMO Slater was a positive surprise. I liked, what i saw.
I also like Price, but the time is running against him.

7 catches a game just suffered a knee injury.

Great point. People are seeing only 1 TE on the roster as a chance for Price to shine, but I see those Hernandez catches going to Ocho and Woodhead, maybe one bomb to Slater.

Price is just stuck, not saying he isn't good, just too down on the depth chart.

Last edited:
The answer to the OP is: No.

With Hernandez hors de combat, another pair of hands could've been helpful.

The season's just started, of course; and for Price, that's a good thing.
Because unless he shows himself worthy of activation during the next 14 weeks,
he will suffer the same fate as Brandon Bethel Tate Johnson.

Well we currently only have 1 active TE. This time is good as any to work a WR low on the depth chart into that record breaking offense. Though I think it will be more the case that Ocho will get more catches.

Agreed 100% - I think Ocho and Edelman would have seen quality reps ahead of Price even had he been active.

People still can't get past this ESPN-ese 'stretch the field' cliche - and because they are least unfamiliar with Price; they presume he'll be the guy to do it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back