PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Talib be here next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Talib is still very young and yet to get into his prime? As long as he can stay trouble free off the field I don't see a reason why he shouldn't be back, he was our best DB

Gronk is still young, too. As is Hernandez. Trouble is you can only have so much money and cap space tied up in so many players with durability issues... Talib has never played let alone started 16 games. This season he missed 4 due to suspension and 3 due to injury and then he went out with a hammy in the first quarter of the AFCC. The last FA CB we signed really seemed to right the ship too. Then we extended him and he never played another down...

How hilarious if we actually brought back Butler to play man.

How his Nmandi's man coverage? His time in Oakland I don't really remember, but I thought he was more of a zone guy. Maybe I'm wrong.

If we could pick up another Dennard it'd be terrific.

I hope he does stay but something tells me he's going to get a pretty big payday from another team.

The way Matt Patricia's ass tightens up when calling plays if Talib isn't on the field, he better be here next year.

How his Nmandi's man coverage? His time in Oakland I don't really remember, but I thought he was more of a zone guy. Maybe I'm wrong.
Was always a man guy in Oakland. A lot of his problems in 2011 were blamed on making him play zone, but then this season we found out that he couldn't play man coverage anymore either. I've seen a long list of reasons for this, including lack of burst as he ages, lack of interest in football now that he's gotten paid, and just bad coaching.

He better be.

If the defense is gonna they better make it happen.

Gronk is still young, too. As is Hernandez. Trouble is you can only have so much money and cap space tied up in so many players with durability issues... Talib has never played let alone started 16 games. This season he missed 4 due to suspension and 3 due to injury and then he went out with a hammy in the first quarter of the AFCC. The last FA CB we signed really seemed to right the ship too. Then we extended him and he never played another down...

As with any player, they will ascribe a value to him and if another team goes above that number, he is gone. However, I have to think that based on what he brought to this team, that value will be pretty high. Before this year he has played 15, 15, 13, and 11 games. sounds about average or better for a CB. Maybe between he and dowling they can get a full season out of that position.

he will pretty much be the best CB on the market so it will take 7 million to bring him back and he dose have the off the field bagage dose he go all randy moss on the pats once he gets he's big pay day ? and he has never played a full 16 games in he's career...but even with that said i think the pats have to bring him back with there history of CB's takeing a step back in year 2 over the last few years im hopeing Dennard can brake that trend but BB should not put all he's eggs in that basket

Given the way that game and the season went, I'd hope that BB views Talib as his top FA priority. I'd think that $7M is a bit high; $24 over 4 years with a nice guarantee could get it done. Still, I'd want to work out his numbers and Vollmer's before getting too far along with Welker.

I sure hope so, he's looked great at Corner for us and a tandem of him and Dennard should be with us for the foreseeable future. It's not like there's anything so obviously better on the free agent than Talib anyway.

If they do sign him, and I think they should, there should be a very heavy behavior clause in an incentive-laden, though rich contract.

If they do sign him, and I think they should, there should be a very heavy behavior clause in an incentive-laden, though rich contract.

And with a playing claus. That guy is fragile and injury prone.

They need a new strength and conditioning coach. There has been some serious hip stability problems on the team this year.

Signing Talib is the most important FA signing since he makes the whole pass defense adequate. If it comes downto signing Talib,Vollmer or Welker, I would tell the little choke artist to pack his bags.

IMO, the Pats need to model their secondary after Seattle. Specifically, we need tall, strong physical CBs that can jam at the line of scrimmage. The Pats get schooled every year by tall physical receivers. No more smurfs in the secondary! I think one reason why Talib is good is because of his physical stature.

Equally important, we need better safeties (and a true strong safety) that can call the defense and set the tone.

We should resign him to a deal with heavy incentives. If he stays on the field, he is worth AT LEAST $6M a year to the team. Not saying he'll get that but I would like something that averages around $4-5M per based on incentives.

People are crapping on Arrington but letting him go would be a mistake. Don't let the fact that we don't have any good depth at outside CB cloud your thinking here. In the slot and on ST Arrington is very valuable to this team, watching Cole in the slot proves this!! The solution isn't ditchng Arrington, the solution is finding a reliable backup at outside CB so in case of injury we can keep Arrington where he's useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes