PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will spygate affect BB future with the Pats?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patriotspride

Banned
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that this mess could cause bob Kraft let BB go at the end of the year? Or does anybody think that BB might leave on his own because this video camera bull****? To me that's what I'm most concerned about. I guess a lot depends on how the Pats do. I can't imagine Kraft firing BB after wining the SB. I just hope this hasn't caused a rift between BB and Bob Kraft. I hope Kraft doesn't do anything stupid. Comments anyone?

I think he will be around for a while. I dont believe Kraft will let a good thing go.

Does anyone else think that this mess could cause bob Kraft let BB go at the end of the year? Or does anybody think that BB might leave on his own because this video camera bull****? To me that's what I'm most concerned about. I guess a lot depends on how the Pats do. I can't imagine Kraft firing BB after wining the SB. I just hope this hasn't caused a rift between BB and Bob Kraft. I hope Kraft doesn't do anything stupid. Comments anyone?

Kraft isn't dumb, BB isn't dumb. When BB is no longer the patriots coach there sure as hell will be a better reason than this stupid overblown camera crap

I think he will be around for a while. I dont believe Kraft will let a good thing go.
i hope your right .but the patriots image has really taken a major hit.and the patriots image is very important to kraft .its everything to him .

Does anyone else think that this mess could cause bob Kraft let BB go at the end of the year? Or does anybody think that BB might leave on his own because this video camera bull sh-t?To me that's what I'm most concerned about. I guess a lot depends on how the pats do. i cant imagine Kraft firing BB after wining the SB.I just hope this hasn't caused a rift between BB and bob Kraft. I hope Kraft doesnt do anything stupid. comments anyone?

Think of how incredible BB has been for us?
His top 2 assistants, Weiss and Crennel left voids that many experts thought could not be filled successfully - instead, the Pats keep winning and the Irish and Browns struggle.
I think Kraft is smart enough to know that the value of his business in the short and long term is directly linked to the success of it on the field. If that Pats win against the Chargers and Colts in the next few weeks, and the go on to win the Super Bowl, I think life gets back to normal. If he gets rid of BB or vice versa, I am not sure if we would remain ahead of our competitors. In fact, the Jets with continued growth under Mangina would be a greater threat without BB on the sidelines.

What was the $$ value of the PAts before BB became coach? What is the market value now? What is the market value of the Pats win a few more SB's?

If you were the owner would you screw yourself because the media created a firestorm and put the commish in a bad spot? Throw away tens millions of dollars in the value of your franchise?

Read Goodell's statement he basically admits that BB violated the spirit not the letter of the law.

The day BB is no longer with the Pats is a very, very, very, very, very, very sad day.

I hope he's here to stay for years to come.

I say this keeps him here LONGER. He has more to prove now, and more revenge to extract.

i hope your right .but the patriots image has really taken a major hit.and the patriots image is very important to kraft .its everything to him .

Belichick MADE the Patriots who the are. Parcells kick started it but Belichick put the stamp on it.

Belichick MADE the Patriots who the are. Parcells kick started it but Belichick put the stamp on it.
and stamped it MAY times so far..and into the future!!

This is a big deal for Bob Kraft - Belichick has embarrassed him in his most important enterprise, and probably lost his trust. However Bob Kraft also likes winning and I suspect that ultimately Belichick's fate will turn on whether the players will still play hard for him.

Nothing helps repair that image better than winning another Super Bowl outright!!

I'll be honest............. I am really worried about this from two points.

Kraft has to feel humiliated and while his statement said all was forgiven, I have a hard time believing this has not strained his relationship with BB in a big way. I hope he doesn't bail on him after this year. If he does, I'll be honest............. I may NEVER forgive him.

BB might just say F it, and retire at the end of the year. LETTING the SB be his final FU to the league. Particularly if this crap continues to dog him every step of the way............. which I am sure it will.

BB might just say F it, and retire at the end of the year. LETTING the SB be his final FU to the league. Particularly if this crap continues to dog him every step of the way............. which I am sure it will.

What better FU to the league than to stick around long after they want you to leave? :D

I'll be honest............. I am really worried about this from two points.

Kraft has to feel humiliated and while his statement said all was forgiven, I have a hard time believing this has not strained his relationship with BB in a big way. I hope he doesn't bail on him after this year. If he does, I'll be honest............. I may NEVER forgive him.

BB loves football way too much to want to leave.

I hope to god BB never leaves the Patriots!
But if he did whatever team he went to would easily be my second favorite team!

Not saying I'm right (in fact I hope I'm not), but I'd be lying if I said wasn't worried.

Last edited:
This is a big deal for Bob Kraft - Belichick has embarrassed him in his most important enterprise, and probably lost his trust. However Bob Kraft also likes winning and I suspect that ultimately Belichick's fate will turn on whether the players will still play hard for him.

You're assuming that Kraft thinks Belichick was deliberately cheating. I've seen no evidence of that.

You're assuming that Kraft thinks Belichick was deliberately cheating. I've seen no evidence of that.

+1. I suspect that if Kraft is pissed, it's with the real culprits: the Jets, the media, and Goodell.

i also think kraft had a lot of say in BB not getting suspended. He probably told goodell that if suspensded , they will appeal or some sort. Plus..letting go BB is one thing ..you also need a replacement. sure dean pees etc are there but not much out there which matches BB . Not to mention the player's comfort. Brady wouldnt be too happy either -not that kraft has to care but should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes