Will Shields to be released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alk

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Chiefs | Shields to be released
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:36:55 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs OL Will Shields has been informed he will be released.

Perfect candidate for the Patriots training camp retiree. That being said, he would be a perfect match for the Patriots for the next couple years. He could definately teach Mankins a thing or two.

Yes! For the past two years we haven't been so lucky on signing guys that retire in training camp. Signing Will Shields woudn't definitely get the Pats out of their slump!

shields

huskeralk said:
Chiefs | Shields to be released
Thu, 2 Mar 2006 10:36:55 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports Kansas City Chiefs OL Will Shields has been informed he will be released.

Perfect candidate for the Patriots training camp retiree. That being said, he would be a perfect match for the Patriots for the next couple years. He could definately teach Mankins a thing or two.

Scout reported that the Chiefs were going to resign him, but I cant find their article anymore.

NVM here it is... but you have to use their free trial to read it.

link http://chiefs.scout.com/2/504518.html

And this from kansas.com about a half hour ago
http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/state/14002842.htm

Yet undecided is the fate of 11-time Pro Bowl guard Will Shields, who has one year left on his contract but has had health issues the past few years and could save a lot of cap money. A decision must also be made regarding running back Priest Holmes, who is rehabbing the neck injury that shelved him for the last nine games of 2005.
Peterson has also been talking with several players about restructuring their contracts to make them more cap-friendly.
"I'm always much appreciative of players who think about the team first and themselves and their personal contracts second," Peterson said.

Last edited:
JOhnnyBravo said:
A decision must also be made regarding running back Priest Holmes,

Peterson has also been talking with several players about restructuring their contracts to make them more cap-friendly.
"I'm always much appreciative of players who think about the team first and themselves and their personal contracts second," Peterson said.

I can most definitely see Priest Holmes eager for his team friendly pay cut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes