PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Seattle Play to Win Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Water Boy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
As it stands, Seattle is a 4 seed in the NFC. They are currently 8-7. I don't think Seattle has anything to gain today (from a playoff positioning standpoint) by winning.

Think they'll rest their starters against Tampa or play to all out to gain momentum heading into the playoffs?

Here is a look at the Win/Loss standings of teams who should make the playoffs.

Chicago 13-2
San Diego 13-2
Baltimore 12-3
New England 11-4
Indy 11-4
New Orleans 10-5
Denver 9-6
Jets 9-6
Philly 9-6
Dallas 9-6
NY Giants 8-8
Seattle 8-7

Nothing to gain from a playoff perspective, but it wouldn't look too good to be a division champion and lose your final 5 games of the year (the 5th being next week).

Man, the NFC West sucks.

Nothing to gain from a playoff perspective, but it wouldn't look too good to be a division champion and lose your final 5 games of the year (the 5th being next week).

Man, the NFC West sucks.

The fact the 8-7 Hawks are in this position is mind-boggling,isn't it? I don't know what they'll do today but I'd think it would be important for them to try and get something going,head into the playoffs on a winning note,etc.
Personally I hope they do whatever's necessary to preserve our 1st round pick :D

It's pretty sad when an 8-7 team wins a division title. But it looks like that's gonna happen despite the fact they backed into the title by losing 3 games in a row. This is because the Hawks own the best overall division record at 3-3. The only team that could have caught them is the 7-8 Rams but the Rams have a 2-4 division record.

The Hawks will probably try to win the game to get a bit of a streak going. Tampa bay (4-11) is pretty bad this year so it probably won't be a hard game to win. PS The Seahawks have allowed more points than they have scored and they are going to win their division. 312 points fielded versus 334 points allowed. Just tells you how bad the NFC is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back