Welcome to PatsFans.com

Will Rodney play?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Willie55, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Willie55

Willie55 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I know there will be hundreds of posts on this week, I just wanted to be the first to post one.

I must say Rodney playing would be huge, but props have to be given to the Pats DB's. James Sanders has really improved as the year has gone along.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  2. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Im going to say no... it would be nice, but I will say no...

3. Bargod

Bargod On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I thought I read something that his agent had leaked that his injury was really a blown ACL.

4. Armen Da Pats Fan

Armen Da Pats Fan 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +32 / 1 / -2

#87 Jersey

I'm not sure, but I think it was just the oposite.

Someone in the media said torn ACL and his agent said, "Rodney will be bakc this year."

I'd love to see him play vs. Indy, but I am comfortable with the group we have in there now...

Any word on Ellis Hobbs, BTW?

He went down with what looked like a hand/wrist injury in the 4th quarter...

5. nhpatsfan

nhpatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I feel good about the Indy game, but having Rodney in would clinch it :rocker:

6. brady et al fan

brady et al fan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

no doubt he's huge out there. Just makes the whole defense better with his intensity and leadership. He's my fave on defense but I doubt he'll be there. His agent challenged the torn ACL rumor but the MCL still takes 4-6 weeks. If we get by Indy I think he plays in the super bowl.

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +781 / 18 / -23

#24 Jersey

My gut feeling is the same as yours. Two weeks between the championship games and the SB - just hope we're there :rocker:

8. daveydave

daveydave Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I recall the original time frame set on the injury being 3 - 5 weeks for a medial meniscus.

There were rummors about the extend of the injury going beyond that, but i believe his agent actually stated this week (can't remember my source of information) that it was not a blown ACL.

If it's not an ACL, and just an MCL, it's possible Rodney could play in a potential SB (not looking past Indy here), and with a slight medical miracle...he might be able to play against Indy.

Having said this, I must give huge props to James Sanders. He played a very good game under 60 minutes of pure pressure.

Kudos to the Pats for having backup talent like no other team and using them in ways in which they can succeed. That may be the biggest reason for the Pats impressive run since 2001.

Dave

9. PatriotsRiot93

PatriotsRiot93 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

moreover...do you think we can get Teddy Johnson from retirement? now that he's cleared medical waivers and all?