PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Randy Moss end up in the Patriots Hall of Fame?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Will Randy Moss end up in the Patriots Hall of Fame?
By: John Morgan

As you surely already know, former Patriot wider receiver Randy Moss has decided to retire after thirteen NFL seasons. To me Moss is a lock for the NFL Hall of Fame.But what are his chances of making it into the New England Patriots' Hall of Fame?...

I sure hope so! I hope he goes in the HOF as a Patriot!

That would be awesome if he did

I can think of 23 reasons why he must end up there.

i think only Stanley Morgan has more Receiving TD's then Moss in patriots History both Moss and Coates have 50 TD's as a pat so yes he should be in the pats HOF and he will be in the NFL hall of fame

Certainly deserves it!

He didn't win a ring, but did everything else!

yes, yes he will.

No, no he won't. There is already a backlog of guy who were instrumental in winning rings here, and there will be for some time to come.

I wouldn't vote for it...not because I don't appreciate what he did but because there has to be some real time spent with the Patriots if you ask me. I think it might be a little insulting to those who gave a lot more time to the Patriots...

If we are inducting everyone who ever played well here, sure.

But Moss was here 3 years. To be inducted in the Patriots HOF you would have to put him ahead of so, so many players who contributed much more.

I can think of at least 20 guys with Rings who belong in ahead of Moss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sure, he could get into the Pro Football hall of fame, that's easy.

The Patriots Hall of Fame is a whole nother level (Antwine).:rolleyes:

Of course he will. He was an integral part, catching 23 TDs, of the team team that went 16-0 and scored the most points in NFL history. He is also the poster child for BB aquiring a troubled player for cheap, getting crazy production out of them and dumping them for value before their production completely tanks.

That one accomplishment isn't in and of itself enough and what followed essentially cancels that out. It's not the Patriots Hall of once in a lifetime stats. Dillon has a better case (becaue his tour de force 1600 yard season was instrumental in securing a ring) and I don't think he ever sees the inside of the Hall unless he buys a ticket because he was essentially one and done.

Just off the top of my head, guys from the dynasty years who have or likely will be retired in the next several seasons include Troy, Tedy, Rodney, Law, Seymour, Adam, Light, Koppen, Faulk, Branch, Vince, Brady, Belichick...and thereater there could be several more who are here now and will be potential impact players over the next decade and possible members of championship teams to come. They will all make the Patriots HOF. Randy won't.

I hope not, he doesnt deserve it, not by a long shot.

Did Moss embody "The Patriot Way"?

To me he seemed the exact opposite, he was an orange that BB squeezed for the juice and was then discarded when the hassle needed to keep him outweighed the benefit he provided.

That one accomplishment isn't in and of itself enough and what followed essentially cancels that out. It's not the Patriots Hall of once in a lifetime stats. Dillon has a better case (becaue his tour de force 1600 yard season was instrumental in securing a ring) and I don't think he ever sees the inside of the Hall unless he buys a ticket because he was essentially one and done.

Just off the top of my head, guys from the dynasty years who have or likely will be retired in the next several seasons include Troy, Tedy, Rodney, Law, Seymour, Adam, Light, Koppen, Faulk, Branch, Vince, Brady, Belichick...and thereater there could be several more who are here now and will be potential impact players over the next decade and possible members of championship teams to come. They will all make the Patriots HOF. Randy won't.

my thoughts exactly. Just because he did well and had one amazing year doesn't mean he's a role model for how the Patriots play football. If anything getting a 3rd round pick for him should be in the HoF :)

Just because he set a record doesn't mean he deserves the Patriots HOF... NFL HOF, sure.

For instance, if Hanesworth sets the sack record this year, does he deserve it? Setting a record is a poor reason to put someone in the hall.

His accomplishment deserves a place in the hall but not him.

Last edited:
Just off the top of my head (and given that there is only one member inducted each year into the Patriots HOF), I see Brady, Wilfork, Burschi, McGinnest, Troy Brown as being more deserving than Randy Moss. There also are a number of older players to induct before Moss. So if he were to get in, I don't see it happening for more than a decade and by that time we hopefully will also have some youngsters who also will be worthy of such consideration.

Last edited:

There will be many Pats going into the Patriots Hall, including most of those you mentioned. Go to any games since 07? There were a lot of Moss Jerseys.... probably second only to Brady shirts. He scored 47 TDs in 3 years, even scoring 11 with Cassel throwing to him. What cancelled it out... getting just 3 TDs in 5ish games? You are dreaming if you thnk he doesn't make it into the hall.

There will be many Pats going into the Patriots Hall, including most of those you mentioned. Go to any games since 07? There were a lot of Moss Jerseys.... probably second only to Brady shirts. He scored 47 TDs in 3 years, even scoring 11 with Cassel throwing to him. What cancelled it out... getting just 3 TDs in 5ish games? You are dreaming if you thnk he doesn't make it into the hall.

What I bolded is the only reason he would even be considered. Everything else is not a reason to put him in.

The fact is that he had one outstanding year and a couple of good years. He also left because he wanted to be featured more and made some noise on the way out.

Personally, I've always felt like Randy was a hired gun. I guess the final say will be the players themselves.

What I bolded is the only reason he would even be considered. Everything else is not a reason to put him in.

The fact is that he had one outstanding year and a couple of good years. He also left because he wanted to be featured more and made some noise on the way out.

Personally, I've always felt like Randy was a hired gun. I guess the final say will be the players themselves.

I hear ya, man. What people need to understand is the question is not "do you want Moss in the Pats Hall". The question is, "will he make it?". Moss said some dumb **** on his way out, but he gushed over the Pats and BB while with the Vikikngs and a few times since. It has been rumoured that the Pats even had an offer on the table this year. He will be in the hall despite the minority of loud crtiics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes