PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Plax share a prison cell with Mike Vick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigMike

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
its out tonight that Buress did NOT have (shock) a gun permit in NY. He faces a 3 year mandatory jail term -instead of beating Hobbs for SB winning TD's he'll be bending over and getting the soap for bubba. What a moron.

After the Sean Taylor murder, can't blame him for carrying. I'm surprised that he didn't have a permit. Seems like the only people who get issued permits in NYC are the rich and famous.

After the Sean Taylor murder, can't blame him for carrying. I'm surprised that he didn't have a permit. Seems like the only people who get issued permits in NYC are the rich and famous.

Taylor was murdered in his home, Plexiglas Furnace was in a freaking nightclub. Packing in public, especially in that environment, is just asking for trouble.

No way in hell he goes to jail for 3 years.

if marvin harrison got away w/ waht he did...why cant plax?

Yeah, both are associated with the Mannings, the princes of the nfl.....

How do you know he even applied for one???

He's not rich and famous?

Buress isn't rich? Famous?

Edit: Two great minds

Last edited:

that's and excellent question.

Is Harrison off the hook entirely?

I can blame him for carrying. Celebrities and athletes are rich enough such that they dont have to deal with this stuff themselves. He should've hired a bodyguard, and the bodyguard could do the carrying for him. Just like when a celebrity gets arrested for dui. Thats the dumbest thing possible. They can afford a team of drivers; why do something illegal when you can afford to have it done right legally.

I can blame him for carrying. Celebrities and athletes are rich enough such that they dont have to deal with this stuff themselves. He should've hired a bodyguard, and the bodyguard could do the carrying for him. Just like when a celebrity gets arrested for dui. Thats the dumbest thing possible. They can afford a team of drivers; why do something illegal when you can afford to have it done right legally.

Exactly. Make several million per year. Hire a bodyguard/driver and be done with it. No excuse whatsoever.

NYC and other gun laws are a joke. Watch how this plays out.

The league will suspend him however.

Taylor was killed in his home.

Plax wasn't just carrying it in public and drinking, he didn't even have the sense to secure the weapon properly. It went off when it slipped down his pants, so the question remains...why is he carrying a loaded, chambered weapon with THE SAFETY OFF????

What if the weapon had been pointed upward and outward instead of at this thigh???

AN INNOCENT bystander could have been killed.

If Plax was so concerned about his own safety, he should hire a bodyguard and let them pack the heat. Heck...if his safety is such a concern, why the hell is he hanging around clubs???

He should do the three years as a message to self-absorbed athletes who think they can circumvent the law for unjustified reasons. He has the money but obviously not the sense to go with it.

New York has a new 3 1/2 year Mandatory prison sentence for criminal possession of a weapon. I doubt they will be able to pin it on him, because you have to pretty much catch the guy with the gun on him, if Puffy Daddy and J-lo didn't go to jial, then I doubt Plax is too.

HOWEVER, I do not see this sitting well with the Commish, I would be worried if I was Pierce too. Look for a Pacman year long suspension.

Taylor was killed in his home.

why is he carrying a loaded, chambered weapon with THE SAFETY OFF????

What is the point of carrying a firearm if it not loaded?

This just in!

"New York media is reporting that Plaxico Buress had armed himself to protect his person from the machinations of paparazzi; known to be in the employ of Patriots' Head Coach Bill Belichick. According to sources close to the District Attorney's Office, a New York Grand Jury is expected to hand down indictments against multiple members of the Patriot's organization. These sources have refused to reveal which members but speculation is that former Patriot's Defensive Coordinator, Eric Mangina, has been instrumental in identifying potential members of this conspiracy. Mr. Buress is thought to be cooperating with authorities and many expect charges to be dropped in exchange for his testimony. The NFL also remains officially silent but many expect the Patriots to suffer significant penalties for continuing the transgressive behavior, which had cost them so dearly the year before. Although none have yet expressed such sentiments, some have opined that Belichick might receive a lifetime ban from professional football, in addition to anticipated criminal charges. When queried, lameduck president Bush did not respond to allegations that he might pardon Belichick for his actions; although many anticipate that he will in his final days in office."​

/ sarcasm

He's not rich and famous?

That's my point. I'm surprise that Plaxico....rich and famous....didn't have a permit. NY won't issue a permit to people like me and you, but the beautiful people....they get permits without any questions.

EDIT: I should have used [sarcasm] tags.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey