PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Peyton become a GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not?
Who's laughing at Elway? Bird? Ainge? Newsome? etc. etc.
Give me the lifer vs. the celebrity anytime.

I think he would be an outstanding sausage-racer.

Who knows. Maybe PM would be a good GM. He needs to learn the ropes for a few years though

Who the hell is Will Peyton?

Who knows. Maybe PM would be a good GM. He needs to learn the ropes for a few years though
Yeah, I think there'd be a pretty steep learning curve and it also depends on how much work he wants to do. GM is a "Real Job," for which people actually hold you accountable. So, he'd probably go in in some other capacity in a very strong NFL organization and learn on the go.

There's been talk that he could be the "front guy" in a new ownership group for the Titans. I think that's more likely than his taking on a "real job" right away. It's hard to imagine that he doesn't want to decompress for a while before taking on any obligations that would have him tied to a schedule, assuming, that is, that he does retire.

He's probably be more of a QB coach IMO. I don't think he'd build a team well.

Peyton might still have that urge to get a 3rd ring....as a GM.

Like Elway.

Or maybe not.

What's more certain is by March 8, Peyton is going to announce whether or not he continues to play...please do it sooner than later without it being an overhyped announcement like LeBron's when he left Cleveland.

Yeah, I think there'd be a pretty steep learning curve and it also depends on how much work he wants to do. GM is a "Real Job," for which people actually hold you accountable. So, he'd probably go in in some other capacity in a very strong NFL organization and learn on the go.

There's been talk that he could be the "front guy" in a new ownership group for the Titans. I think that's more likely than his taking on a "real job" right away. It's hard to imagine that he doesn't want to decompress for a while before taking on any obligations that would have him tied to a schedule, assuming, that is, that he does retire.
Exactly.

Elway's dad was a coach in college and later personnel guy with Denver. After John sold his car dealerships in 2000 and wasn't sure what he wanted to do, his dad and Shanny brought him in. There he sat in on draft meetings, did scouting trips with his dad, Shanny and Kubiak and others. Then he ran an arena team. Seems to me he really committed himself to learning the business side of football.

Certainly his NFL pedigree helped but it took John 10 years to learn the business of running a team and he absolutely deserves the credit for doing a bang-up job.

In the end it all comes down to how badly PM wants it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back