PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Pats have any active Numbers Left?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcpats70

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
After this run is over? Which #'s will be retired?

I say:

Who am I missing?

The only player getting his number retired is Brady.

I heard that once the Pats HoF opens that they are unretiring a bunch of numbers since the other owners retired a bunch for publicity.

They're not going to retire all those, I don't think. 12 is a lock. Great as everyone else is, I'm not entirely sure who else is on that level. 54 is a sentimental fav, but is it getting retired? Not so sure...

Wow....I guess it"s more of a big deal in the NFL then. I was thinking about the 80's Celts and all the #'s they retired....I'm far more impressed with the run of this Pats team.

Football teams RARELY retire numbers. They can't do it. Brady's will be the only one. The others go in the ring of honor or whatever.

Wow....I guess it"s more of a big deal in the NFL then. I was thinking about the 80's Celts and all the #'s they retired....I'm far more impressed with the run of this Pats team.

There are 10-12 players on a basketball team. And 53 on a football team. You CAN'T retire a bunch of numbers, you'll run out.

There are 10-12 players on a basketball team. And 53 on a football team. You CAN'T retire a bunch of numbers, you'll run out.

83 for preseason with numbers so i do not want to see 3 digits.

Based on how they finish out their careers, I'd like to see maybe one of the group of 93, 50 or 54 retired. 12 gets lots of attention, but the defense has won so many games with their huge plays at the most crucial times.

An interesting debate, aside from numbers being retired, will be who makes it to Canton out of this run (especially those who 'enter' as Patriots).

My guesses:
Tom Brady
Richard Seymour
Dan Koppen
Logan Mankins
Wes Welker
Mike Vrabel (hopefully)
Teddy Bruschi (hopefully)

Which team will they choose?
Moss
Seau (surefire to pick San Diego)
Harrison (hopefully)

Last edited:
An interesting debate, aside from numbers being retired, will be who makes it to Canton off of these teams (especially those who 'enter' as Patriots).

No body "enters" the hall as a member of a specific team. This is not Cooperstown. On the busts, they list what teams the player played for.

No body "enters" the hall as a member of a specific team. This is not Cooperstown. On the busts, they list what teams the player played for.

Thanks for clearing that up, I had a feeling that might be the case. Should've looked it up before writing anything :(

Don't forget about #85 Julius Adams, played a lot of years in the trenches, perenial probowler and often forgot about.. or #86 Daryl should be remembered.

i dont see why they retire numbers...i would rather have a QB in the future be able to wear 12, and play like Tom Brady

They've already got some retired numbers, so adding so many to the list might not be a great idea.

Maybe having some type of ring of honor or something simular would be a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back