PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Pats emphasize the running game against the Dolphins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFWB

Rookie
Reaction score
The Dolphins are 4th in the NFL in Pass yds allowed and 32nd in Rush yds allowed. So, will the Patriots focus on the running game and will this reduce chances of Brady and Moss setting single season records?
By the way, the Giants are 11th in the NFL in Pass yds allowed and 12nd in Rush yds allowed.

I think they will. Winning the game takes priority over any individual records.

Yes because Miami shut down Brady and Moss last time they played.

hahahahaha

If weather is good with no wind, I'm sure BB will let Brady air it out and go for the TD record. Miami probably won't be with Jason Taylor so I don't see any reason why we shouldn't pass against Fins.

Pats will emphasize whatever they want against the dolphins.

No.

Not unless they have a lead and then in the 4th quarter maybe.

The weather looks great for sunday but who knows. 40 degrees, cloudy. 4 TD for Moss and 1 for Troy!

I think most of us would like to see Maroney get 100 yards. That is, after the five TD passes.

The Dolphins are 4th in the NFL in Pass yds allowed and 32nd in Rush yds allowed. So, will the Patriots focus on the running game and will this reduce chances of Brady and Moss setting single season records?
By the way, the Giants are 11th in the NFL in Pass yds allowed and 12nd in Rush yds allowed.

Part of the reason they give up so many rushing yards and so few passing yards, is nobody is throwing on them in the second half, the other team is just running out the clock.

Also with their safety and only decent player Jason Taylor out, it really eliminates what little of a pass defense they have.

The Giants are 12th against the rush? How on earth did Clinton Portis rush for 126 yards last week against them? Look I'm sure that the Giants have a good Defense. I thought that the Steelers had a good D too. All I'm saying is stats can be deceiving. Our defense is ranked 4th in the league and yet I still see bad tackling, running backs gash us for 10-20 yards at times, and back up QB's put up numbers like Payton Manning on us at times too.

I think the Pats should come out with a balanced offense if the weather is anything like it was last week. However if its desent I say let Brady and the passing game work its magic with a bit more of the running game.

FYI

Miami is currently 28th in rushing yards allowed per attempt, at 4.4.
Miami is currently 29th in passing yards allowed per attempt, at 7.3

The Giants are currently 13th in rushing yards allowed per attempt, at 4.0.
The Giants are currently 12th in passing yards allowed per attempt, at 6.9

Depends on the weather - and right now there;s a good chance of rain.

And prepare yourselves folks. If its rainy and windy you can expect more short passes to Gaffney than long passes to Stallworth.

As with the weather being a factor in emphasizing the running game over the passing game, it also has an impact emphasizing the short passing game over the long one.

That doesn't mean a deep WR like Stallworth is in the doghouse or that Gaffney's now the #2 WR.

Part of the reason they give up so many rushing yards and so few passing yards, is nobody is throwing on them in the second half, the other team is just running out the clock.

That's not true at all. Just because a team has 13 losses doesn't mean they get blown out every game. The Dolphins have lost by more than 2 scores only 4 times this year, one of them being to the Patriots, and we all know the Patriots didn't stop passing in the second half. They've also lost by 3 points or less 6 times this year.

may as well get the playaction goin! then throw 5 TD'S:rocker:

That's not true at all. Just because a team has 13 losses doesn't mean they get blown out every game. The Dolphins have lost by more than 2 scores only 4 times this year, one of them being to the Patriots, and we all know the Patriots didn't stop passing in the second half. They've also lost by 3 points or less 6 times this year.

That's all very true. But there's a reason they're giving up the yardage they are, a reason why they have those rankings.

Hmmm, I wonder what it could be....

Depens on the weather, if it's decent, they throw. They are a throwing team, one of the best ever, so why stray if conditions are willing.

The weather will dictate what they do. Long range forecast looks good temp wise (upper 40's) with chance of showers. I say they're going to pass the ball all over the field and blowout the Dolphins. Don't know who will break what record but Tom Brady always comes back strong after a bad game and he played as badly as I've seen in a long time last Sunday. That won't happen again this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down