PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will NFL Films produce an 18-1 DVD and will you buy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to say "absolutely not", but I bought this shortly after it was released. So I don't know for sure.

It's a damn shame 35 seconds of football ruins one of the greatest seasons of all-time. :(

The 2007 Patriot are a classic example of how great expectations can haunt a fan after a loss like this. Heck, at this point last year, I was just hoping we'd get a decent receiver and climb out of the #4 spot in the AFC, maybe get a bye, hopefully beat the Colts. I had no clue NE would be 18-0 going into the SB, after shattering numerous offensive records.

I expected NE to win any SB as long as Brady and Belichick were there, and I expected an 18-0 team would win the SB easily. I expected an NFC wildcard team led by Eli Manning to be inferior. So much for expectations.

Next season I'm just going to remove the expectations and just let the season play out. If we win, terrific, if not, no biggie. There's no special "mystique" that needs to be preserved anymore, let's just win the Super Bowl like any other team in any other season.

Heck, they made a 9-7 DVD for the 2002 season and I bought it... :p

that at least ended with a dramatic, upbeat feel after an incredible victory against Miami that could have got them to the playoffs (if the Packers beat the Jets that night)

I would not buy an NFL highlight of this season, but that is only due to the fact that I have already made my own highlight tape for my personal use

Personally, I think that when Brady finally hangs retires (whenever that might be), we all should DEMAND the epic 30+DVD "The Brady Years" collection. I know for sure that I would buy it. :rocker:

Last edited:
Next season I'm just going to remove the expectations and just let the season play out. If we win, terrific, if not, no biggie. There's no special "mystique" that needs to be preserved anymore, let's just win the Super Bowl like any other team in any other season.

Wasn't it more fun when we were underdogs? I'm not used to rooting for a team that is expected to win - it's too stressful, so I hear where you're coming from.

On the flipside, this team likely isn't getting any worse and will have an offseason to continue to improve both its execution and its scheme-ing, Capers is already a huge addition. My point is, the 16-0 talk is still going to follow this team around as long as there's a 0 in the loss column next season. They are that good.

I heard Steve Sabol of NFL Films had tons of footage of the Pats for the whole season especially the Super Bowl. It would be a waste to not see what he compiled.

i will not buy a 18 and 1 dvd. it will always end the same and thats the pats losing the SB .

Maybe they can add some director's cut alternate endings and add some deleted scenes such as Asante's Pick, Eli's Sack and Rodney's Break Up.

I will still buy our Conference/Division championship hats since I collect and display them.

If they Made a 16-0 DVD, just the regular season, would you buy it? I can't believe fans that don't want to even think about the season we just had. We won 18 games and it was exciting up til the final minute of the season.

If they Made a 16-0 DVD, just the regular season, would you buy it? I can't believe fans that don't want to even think about the season we just had. We won 18 games and it was exciting up til the final minute of the season.

I just dont get the concept of the season being a failure because my team lost in the Super Bowl. I know if the giants had lost I would not consider it a failure. That said the success level is nowhere near same, but a failure?? No...............Ithink the Bolts and Colts seasons were failures. ...

18-1 DVD.? I don't know if i want to watch the last '1'.

I just dont get the concept of the season being a failure because my team lost in the Super Bowl. I know if the giants had lost I would not consider it a failure. That said the success level is nowhere near same, but a failure?? No...............Ithink the Bolts and Colts seasons were failures. ...

I think it's a matter of not meeting, meeting, or exceeding expectations. The 2007 Patriots were much more a failure than the 1996 Patriots in that regard. for some teams an 8-8 record is not failure. It's all perception.

Maybe, someday, down the road I could watch it - after a few more Superbowl victories and if this team were to finally attain that "greatest of all time" status.

But for right now - uh uh , no way, no can do - hell, it took me almost 10 years to finally watch SB 31.

Brings to mind the truest saying of all:

Winning isn't everything - it's the ONLY thing.

LOL. Seriously though - think about it, you're going to try and repress 18 weeks of amazingness b/c of the bad ending? 16-0 is too much of an accomplishment not to find itself encapsulated in DVD form and sitting next to the 3 games to Glory videos on my shelf.

All's well that ends well and all's bad that ends badly.

18-1 DVD.? I don't know if i want to watch the last '1'.
Well, I predict that a Pats highlights DVD from NFL Films would start with the playoffs, quickly wing through those and the defeat in the Super Bowl, then go back and start with training camp and ending with the glorious undefeated regular season finale against the... ack! feh! ... :confused:

I have this season on DVD, all 19 games, I have Pats intro Menus all game breaks commercials and halftimes removed, all games High Def Widescreen. Email or PM me if interested. [email protected]

NO freaking way would I pay money to watch a DVD that would only leave me feeling empty and depressed. We were so close to the "greatest of all-time" but the defense choked and now we're left with humiliation forever. :(

(yeah, still not over it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back