PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will New England get booed in England?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the stories are to be believed the only reason Torres wasn't sold in the summer was because the bank feared the backlash from the public.

If Man City come back with another 70million offer in Jan, which I would if I was them, then they will be testing the banks to the limit as the Liverpool position is getting worse by the day.

I know what you're saying but I would not be shocked if they said no more chances. Gillette and Hicks need to get this sorted asap

As for the 80 million up front, as a Utd man I will defer that one to you but I am pretty confident they didn't. Either way, the point remains that SAF saw none of it

Liverpools present finacial situation gets blown out of proportion now. We were heavily in debt and now we're stable, still in debt but very much stable. More stable infact than Man U. Liverpool Football Club do not need to sell players. We do need more muscle fincially if we are to carry on competing though.

Gillett wants out of the club and Hicks is still stubborn enough to want to stay but his will is going soft and both dislike each other. Thats why I don't believe a decision will be made on Benitez's future yet because the owners futures I doubt, are at Liverpool.

Last edited:
We covered this in the international thread already.. I'm not bitter.. 6-1 one day series saw to that ;)

That doesn't count, those games were just warm downs and a bit of a laugh...

Liverpools present finacial situation gets blown out of proportion now. We were heavily in debt and now we're stable, still in debt but very much stable. More stable infact than Man U. Liverpool Football Club do not need to sell players. We do need more muscle fincially if we are to carry on competing though.

Gillett wants out of the club and Hicks is still stubborn enough to want to stay but his will is going soft and both dislike each other. Thats why I don't believe a decision will be made on Benitez's future yet because the owners futures I doubt, are at Liverpool.
I know we're heading off topic, but you'd surely want Benitez out of there wouldn't you Scouse? It appears from afar that he isn't the most competent of managers given the talent he has at his disposal.

Now now.. everyone knows 20/20 and one dayers are the new black.. only until we win them back. ;)

Curry is not British.

That's like saying Pizza is American.

While the concept of calling a flat piece of bread pizza is not American, the pizza as we know it wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for a true American vegetable (or fruit to some people)....the tomato:D.

While the concept of calling a flat piece of bread pizza is not American, the pizza as we know it wouldn't be what it is today if it wasn't for a true American vegetable (or fruit to some people)....the tomato:D.

South America you mean, the tomato was introduced to Europe by returning
conquistadors.Still Përu and Mexico are satellite states aren't they.

I know we're heading off topic, but you'd surely want Benitez out of there wouldn't you Scouse? It appears from afar that he isn't the most competent of managers given the talent he has at his disposal.

Now now.. everyone knows 20/20 and one dayers are the new black.. only until we win them back. ;)

I'd like to see Benitez given more backing first and foremost. As soon as Gillett and Hicks arrived they spoke to Klinsmann and have been frosty ever since. This was the year Liverpool should have kicked on but he recieved little support and was only allowed to spend what he made. Even though we ran United to the wire last season it was clear we needed more if we were to win the league but he was limited. I know for a fact Benitez wanted more players this summer. He only got Torres thanks to the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Rafa has made mistakes in the past but he's always bit the bullet and shipped them out when it was clear they weren't good enough. He's had to keep passengers like Babel and Voronin for depth. I believe in him still, he has his faults like everyone but his postives outweigh them. His players respect him and the ones who don't get bombed out. Torres loves him and Gerrard and Carra respect him. Mascherano also was quoted as coming to Liverpool for Benitez as did Reina. Like I say I think he needs more backing and if he gets it from new owners I think we'll find that extra we lack and I think Rafa can get it done.

I'd love to see Mourinho in the same situation Benitez finds himself in, I honestly believe he would have walked by now.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Benitez given more backing first and foremost. As soon as Gillett and Hicks arrived they spoke to Klinsmann and have been frosty ever since. This was the year Liverpool should have kicked on but he recieved little support and was only allowed to spend what he made. Even though we ran United to the wire last season it was clear we needed more if we were to win the league but he was limited. I know for a fact Benitez wanted more players this summer. He only got Torres thanks to the Royal Bank of Scotland.

Rafa has made mistakes in the past but he's always bit the bullet and shipped them out when it was clear they weren't good enough. He's had to keep passengers like Babel and Voronin for depth. I believe in him still, he has his faults like everyone but his postives outweigh them. His players respect him and the ones who don't get bombed out. Torres loves him and Gerrard and Carra respect him. Mascherano also was quoted as coming to Liverpool for Benitez as did Reina. Like I say I think he needs more backing and if he gets it from new owners I think we'll find that extra we lack and I think Rafa can get it done.

I'd love to see Mourinho in the same situation Benitez find himself in, I honestly believe he would have walked by now.

But we digress

When I told my mate that The Patriot ( mel gibson film) was based on a true story he thought i was kidding lol!

He might have thought in was like U571, you know...Americans were depicted as doing it but was actualy the British...

South America you mean, the tomato was introduced to Europe by returning
conquistadors.Still Përu and Mexico are satellite states aren't they.

Technically, Mexico IS part of North America and the tomato is from the Americas, which is what I was referring to. I wouldn't really consider Mexico a satellite state of the US anymore than say....Canada.;)

Last edited:
Patriots will be booed by the fans of all the other teams, NFL fans in the UK are just like the fans in US, they all hate the Patriots, the logos ect are all on the field now.

app9372811256137162.jpg

app9372811256120814.jpg

Last edited:
Patriots will be booed by the fans of all the other teams, NFL fans in the UK are just like the fans in US, they all hate the Patriots, the logos ect are all on the field now.

app9372811256137162.jpg

app9372811256120814.jpg

Is it just me or the Pats endzone is black?

Last edited:
Looks that way to me.

little fun fact for you...wembley is not only the most expensive stadium ever built but it has the most Bathrooms in a man made structure!

England ran India for a long time.

And, yes, pizza is American. Italians did it first but Americans did it right.:D

Curry was around in India long before England "ran it".

Curry is Indian.

....and opposed to pizza, which was improved upon by the Americans, the British never EVER improved upon anyone's culinary legacy.

......but I love 'em anyhow!

Last edited:
Looks good. I'm glad for the UK and beyond fans. It might not be the best match up but it must be nice to be able to have this treat even if it is once a year for now.

Curry was around in India long before England "ran it".

Curry is Indian.

....and opposed to pizza, which was improved upon by the Americans, the British never EVER improved upon anyone's culinary history.

......but I love 'em anyhow!

not true the indian menu in the UK is mostly Curries invented in Britain by Indian immigrants. You have a chicken tikka masala and then your opinion will change!

not true the indian menu in the UK is mostly Curries invented in Britain by Indian immigrants. You have a chicken tikka masala and then your opinion will change!

So all those great upstairs small dark restaurants I ate in in 1985 in the West End were actually British cuisine restaurants?????

And here I was thinking I had been avoiding British cuisine back then.

So all those great upstairs small dark restaurants I ate in in 1985 in the West End were actually British cuisine restaurants?????

And here I was thinking I had been avoiding British cuisine back then.

lol its true...you would be hard pressed to find any of the dishes on a British indian menu in India. I think they would be greatly offended by our excuse for a curry lol

Balti curries and Tikka Masala are curry dishes invented in the UK, both are now popular throughout India as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back