PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will New England get booed in England?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skspikex2

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Is 225 years enough time? Or will England hold a grudge? Storyline of the week?;)

I hope not. We've been protecting their ass ever since.

Probably. I heard BB got in a time machine, went back to 1776, and secretly put cameras in General Corwallis' quarters to steal the English's plans for the Battle of Yorktown.

Tom Curran asked Belichick this during today's press conference. He laughed.

The stadium's probably going to be half Patriots, half other teams. Lots of Patriots fans in the UK will be going to the game, including me.

No, there will be absolutely no booing of America. If we didn't like America then we wouldn't be watching its national sport :p

As for booing of the Patriots, some idiots may try it. But they'll easily be drowned out by us Pats fans :D

Probably. I heard BB got in a time machine, went back to 1776, and secretly put cameras in General Corwallis' quarters to steal the English's plans for the Battle of Yorktown.

Funny except Cornwallis was not the one making 'battle plans.' The battle of Yorktown was a seige. Washington and his French counterpart, Ronchambeau had Yorktown surrounded, with the sea blocked by the French navy fleet.

I was just over in England, and the Patriots are probably their most popular team over their.

Like most things, English people just assume they had the most impact on something for why something is so good, like Tea, Curry, and just about anything else you talk to an english man about. No doubt they love the Pats becuase they are England's gift to American football... ;)

For the next few days, can we call them Olde England? We're not really that new anymore, so I don't see why we can't just be England.

Last edited:
Pretty Ironic that those pesky Patriots from the New World are bringing some Pirates along with them and playing on their turf...

Can anyone say Bray-Tea Party!!

Funny except Cornwallis was not the one making 'battle plans.' The battle of Yorktown was a seige. Washington and his French counterpart, Ronchambeau had Yorktown surrounded, with the sea blocked by the French navy fleet.

Yeah... it was a joke...

bobbummer.jpg

I was just over in England, and the Patriots are probably their most popular team over their.

Like most things, English people just assume they had the most impact on something for why something is so good, like Tea, Curry, and just about anything else you talk to an english man about. No doubt they love the Pats becuase they are England's gift to American football... ;)

Curry is not British.

That's like saying Pizza is American.

They'll boo what we tell them to boo.

I heard the Pats are the most televised (and popular) team over there.

Don't get me started............the Brits stayed with us in Iraq and Afghanistan,no other country did.

They have the best battle tank in the world and their submarine fleet is without parallel.......for a country who was bankrupted during WW11,they have done pretty,damn good watching our back.

Mate.. you did not just post this little peach. You need to catch up on some world history if you think as such.

I guess we're at your beck and call too? ;)

Curry is a traditional Asian food from the subcontinent. The British monopolized the colonization of India back in the 19th Century, although having been in the subcontinent and Asia since the 18th Century. They brought a lot of the foreign spices and what not back to Britain during this time. That coupled with a large ex-Pat population of Indians in current day Britain is why you would think curry is British I would suspect.

Back on topic, I wonder if they'll serve full strength beer or mid strength at the game. The Brits are a rowdy bunch when it comes to anything sport. I'm sure they'll be all over supporting New England because it has England in the name.

Last edited:
On the one hand, having "England" in our title would make them root for us. On the other hand, the Minuteman logo might irritate them.

The Buccaneers, on the other hand, have a symbol which glorifies the privateers and pirates of yore, most of whom were sanctioned by the British, if not British citizens outright. Privateering was basically the British handing out rights for pirates to attack French and Spanish ships. Of course, some of them got so good at it, they wanted to keep doing it even after Britain asked them to stop, LOL...

closest team geographically?

super bowls?

"england"?

english chicks like Brady?

why?

Don't get me started............the Brits stayed with us in Iraq and Afghanistan,no other country did.

They have the best battle tank in the world and their submarine fleet is without parallel.......for a country who was bankrupted during WW11,they have done pretty,damn good watching our back.

Good points, except for the tank. The German Leopard II is the world's best battle tank, with the M1 Abrams a close second.

On the one hand, having "England" in our title would make them root for us. On the other hand, the Minuteman logo might irritate them.

The Buccaneers, on the other hand, have a symbol which glorifies the privateers and pirates of yore, most of whom were sanctioned by the British, if not British citizens outright. Privateering was basically the British handing out rights for pirates to attack French and Spanish ships. Of course, some of them got so good at it, they wanted to keep doing it even after Britain asked them to stop, LOL...

not true.... privateering=smuggling they were not ******* pirates like the buccaneers intead to be. Fitzy even says TB has a pirate ship in their endzone. I think that's neat.... lmao

YouTube - Fitzy Presents: Philip Rivers' FANalyst Funhole!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes