PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Moss be back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say it with me now... HELL YEAH!!

*ahem*

Well, there you have it. :D

Thats simply not true...those guys dont have the length, speed, and height to do what Moss has done for the Pats. Moss is the only receiver who has been able to consistently beat double coverage and get those long passes that he does. No one comes close to duplicating him as a deep presence, he's the best deep threat in the league BY FAR.

Chad Johnson had double diigit TDs ONCE, when he had 10 in 2003. Moss has had seasons of 23, 17, 17, 15, 14, and 10 TDs. Moss has always been the better WR, and he's only a year older, so playing the age card doesnt really work either.

Gotta agree. Moss and Brady was a match made in heaven.
Nobody else in the NFL today comes even close. (Well maybe TO, but he doesn't have the deep speed of Moss, and his ego just could not survive with the Pats I don't think)
It's destiny, how else do you explain Moss coming to the Pats for only a 4th round pick AND a reduced incentive-laden contract??

Last edited:
Moss will so definitely be back and we have already had this thread so many times, that it's insane it's even being discussed. There's no way he's NOT back.

Moss will so definitely be back and we have already had this thread so many times, that it's insane it's even being discussed. There's no way he's NOT back.

if moss will be back, why has he not signed next year's contract? what is he waiting for? the only reason not to sign before the season is done is to see some free agent contracts. we cannot compete with that. dont get your hopes up people. he came here for a superbowl. he will go back to money next year.

Moss is not allowed to sign a new contract until after the end of the year.

if moss will be back, why has he not signed next year's contract? what is he waiting for? the only reason not to sign before the season is done is to see some free agent contracts. we cannot compete with that. dont get your hopes up people. he came here for a superbowl. he will go back to money next year.

Moss is not allowed to sign a new contract until after the end of the year.

u sure? ive never heard of that. if so, i stand unsure, as my entire argument is based on that particular fact.

Miguel can state the rule and has several times before.

I'm not as convinced as most that Moss will stay, but I think the odds are at least 50%.

u sure? ive never heard of that. if so, i stand unsure, as my entire argument is based on that particular fact.

I think he will, especialy if we win the super bowl. But he will need to take a discount from his salary. If you see moss go i think chad johnson is going to be with the patriots.

He's not going to take a discount. Why shoud he... to play on the Pats? Yeah ... right.. I will let the cat out of the bag. When the Pats try to shortchange him, Bill Polian will be there ready to cut him a deal. Polian has already worked out the money portion of it because Marvin Harrison is retiring. You can take all of this to the bank!

Will he be back? Of course. In fact, who else would really be interested in him? He's the most talented receiver in the league, but his motor only runs for serious super bowl contending teams. Outside of NE, that narrows it down to NE, Indy, and maybe SD.

If I were BB or Pioli, I'd only be interested in his motivation for next year. If it's still there, it's a no brainer.

He's not going to take a discount. Why shoud he... to play on the Pats? Yeah ... right.. I will let the cat out of the bag. When the Pats try to shortchange him, Bill Polian will be there ready to cut him a deal. Polian has already worked out the money portion of it because Marvin Harrison is retiring. You can take all of this to the bank!

Moss wants to play for a winner which is why he would never sign with the Colts. After 10 minutes of Manning trying to throw everyone under the bus Moss would biatch slap his ass back to podunk.

By the way, they have banks in your hometown? I thought dumb****ville only had a feed store.

While we're talking about Moss, has anyone seen/heard any interviews from his old teammates in Oakland? They must be ecstatic for his second-wind season! :rofl:

Moss has specifically said he wouldn't want to play with any quarterback other than Tom Brady. He went out of his way to state, before the start of the regular season IIRC, that he always had a special respect for Tom Brady as the best. He specifically singled out Manning with a criticism saying that "I've had a saying, 'Manning always had his weapons, why can't Tom?' Now that he's got them, let's see what happens."

As much as it must piss off every other team in the league, and Polian, Manning and Dungy in particular, the best receiver in the league has made his opinion on this issue known. The last thing Moss would do is sign with the Colts. LAST.

I think those of you who believe Moss might not be back don't really give him enough credit for his true character. Google and search YouTube for interviews with him, specifically "The Moss Method", check out his website, etc. He is to WR's what Brady is to QB's and I firmly believe he will work out whatever deal is fair without handicapping the team.

Side note: Another little nugget, Jerry Rice said that of all the quarterbacks to ever play the game, the only ones he would want to catch for are Montana, Brady and Marino. Sorry Colts fans. The image the media built up for Peyton has crumbled like the house of cards that it is.

He'll come back, sign a good sized contract, but less than somewhere else. He won't get the ball thrown his way a couple of games and start to pout, this same fan base who love him will start to turn on him, instantly, imho.

He'll come back, sign a good sized contract, but less than somewhere else. He won't get the ball thrown his way a couple of games and start to pout, this same fan base who love him will start to turn on him, instantly, imho.

Who's that, Marvin Harrison?

Last edited:
Speed is not too quick, eh?

Just need to not hijack the thread talking about Marvin Harrison, when the topic is Moss. We can talk about Marvin if you want, start a thread, i'll contribute.

Last edited:
Here's what I think:

- The Pats do not undervalue Moss
- Moss does not undervalue the experience of being with the Pats
- As previously posted by others: Moss will draw a deal from the Pats that keeps him in town for at least a few more years, with a good deal of money up front. The deal will also pay him as a true #1 receiver, APY of 8+ M. Anything less is beyond a gift.
- When the dust settles, I don't think the Pats/Randy settle on some absurdly low amount, just because he loves us so much and has plenty of money already. But stranger things have happened.

Here's what the pessimist in me thinks:

Outside possibility that he reevaluates his past year's kool-aid consumption (at least public), and decides there's more money and more "respect" elsewhere, and he can be credited with putting yet another team over the hump -- say, Brett's last hurrah up in GB?

I don't claim to read Randy's mind. I would say he is what we thought he was: a guy who loves NE, did his research, and found a team he could be with for the duration. I'd love the hell out of that.

I just don't ever trust a good thing until it's in hand. Moss, as of the final game of this post-season, is not "in hand."

PFnV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye