PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Moss and Samuel be back next season?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Samuel And Moss or one of the other will be back next season?

• Moss and Samuel will both be back?

Votes: 17 17.0%
  • Moss and samuel will both be gone?

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Moss will be back?

Votes: 80 80.0%
  • samuel will be back?

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bradybunch

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
figured i would start a poll love to see what all pats fans think.

I think Moss stays, but I don't see Asante taking a paycut to stay with the Pats. He'll get bigger $$$ elsewhere.

What are the chances the Colts try to outbid the Pats for Moss if Marvin retires?

Moss: Absolutely. I guarantee it.
Samuel: Less then likely.

i really doubt that marvin will retire but that would suck if he did and that happened!

i honestly think the pats know they messed up with asante and they are going to have to show him the money. We will need him next year unless we can find a quality replacement.

Well he'll be 36 next season and who knows what's going on with his injury.

Plus there was already some speculation he was going to retire this year.

I'd say it's 50/50.

Also, Moss would play for less with the Pats.

Moss stays. Listening to a recent interview from Asante, I'd say he was lobbying for the Jets to make an offer but I'm sure he'll go to the highest bidder. Obviously that means he won't be with the Pats.

Last edited:
i honestly think the pats know they messed up with asante and they are going to have to show him the money. We will need him next year unless we can find a quality replacement.

The Pats offered him a contract, he just wanted more. They may up their offer at the end of the season, but it still won't be what Asante thinks he's worth or what another team will pay for him.

Yeah coming from a guy who holds up "#1" after every INT, I'm sure he wants the #1 paycheck.

i would think that moss isnt going anywhere , but samuel , well im pretty shure we all know hes gonna go to the highest bidder . and thats fine , rember ty law ???? alot of people dont even know who he plays for now . never see him on espn . maybe its just me but i dont rember even seeing a desent highlight of him since he left . we have a big draft this year, and im shure we will trade the niners pick away to fill some spots . it seems the biggest money has to go to our qb and d-linemen, wideouts and that makes sence to me. for me i guess im hopeing to keep stallworth around . im pretty shure about moss and wess tho. i think one of the biggest keys is to keep the check book balanced and the pats seem to have been doing that better than anyone ......... :cool3:

Samuel is a very good cornerback... he will also not be here. He's in the prime of his career, not like Law when he left (and Law's been good since then, just not great.)

Losing Asante will hurt, but it is what it is.

I think Moss stays, and gives us a slight discount to make it doable, but he'll be far from free... I also wonder whether we ditch Stallworth, or ask him to take a deep cut, something he might not want to do.

PFnV

I would love for both of them to be here next year, I just don't see it happening for Asante. He's going to want a better contract than (name escapes me) got from the Niners last offseason and the Pats aren't going to pay that.

Moss, I hope, will get offered enough to keep him here.

imho Moss will stay; Asante will leave (i hope to be wrong)

Another factor to consider in the equation is that we should receive a 3rd round Compensation pick if either FA leaves. Like everyone else I can't see Moss not staying for the next 5 years. Asante we will offer an amount of money minus the value we feel for that 3rd rounder...next year we will have some cap challenges...

OK...how does the chance the Pats may want to draft McFadden from Arkansas factor into all of this?

He will probably be asking a pretty penny, and the Pats as they now sit are only 11 miilion under the salary cap.

Last edited:
On Harrison, I read an article earliers this season that he will have knee pain for the rest of his career. With that said, he has a ring, I think he'll retire, but is staying quiet for the moment being to not distract the Colts. Afterwards, the real Manning will be exposed. I think Moss stays with Brady, he already said Brady needs weapons too.
Samuel on the other hand says in interviews he believes he is the best CB in the league (or at least wants to play like that best). No way do that Pats make him the highest paid CB in the league (like Clements, who is underperforming) and thats what Samuel will want. So he's gone.

Is this Jeopardy? Why are the answers in the form of questions?

I hope they'll both be back, but unless Asante takes a moderate home discount I think he's gone. I voted "both back" out of pure optimism.

Think that Moss will be back. I think that the Pats a contract ready for moss to sign he just can't yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back