PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will more teams start to play aggresively ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
considering the number of points we are scoring should we expect more teams to pull out all trick plays and such on offense ? i expect the eagles to do such things like on side kicks, trick plays sunday night to try and get ahead and catch the pats off guard. iam surprised more teams havent done this often.

Teams gotta think they have a chance to win, first :rocker:

The fact that teams will feel more pressure to win wil work against them. There are inherent risks in taking increased chances that only the best teams will be able t deal with. When you pull trick plays, on-side kicks, blitzes, etc,...you better have the personnel and coaches to pull it off. Otherwise the Pats will take these teams and their agressive play and beat them over the head with it.

But there is also less pressure if nobody expects you to win ...

i really don't think the issue is being aggressive.

The pats team is just that much better than most teams. The Colts, Cowboys, and Packers are the only teams that are even close.

Everyone else really doesn't have a chance.

I don't think on side kicks or any trick plays would help more than they would hurt against this team.

I think I heard that Madden basically said you have to pressure Brady on defense and throw for potential big plays every offensive possession to try to beat the Pats-- it's your only chance. That's about right. You're going to lose anyway if you play a conventional game, the only question is by how much. If you gamble on big plays, maybe you'll get lucky (or a pass interference call).

considering the number of points we are scoring should we expect more teams to pull out all trick plays and such on offense ? i expect the eagles to do such things like on side kicks, trick plays sunday night to try and get ahead and catch the pats off guard. iam surprised more teams havent done this often.

They would have to have the rare combination of high stake gambles and all of the breaks going their way. Otherwise, these gambles will backfire and push the momentum against them even harder.

I remember when Tiger Woods burst into the PGA and was destroying the field. Phil Mickelson clearly saw Tiger as the player to go after ... as everyone did of course.

So Phil was asked annoying question after annoying question and he gave the same answer almost every time. He had to find a way to raise his game to the next level if he was to beat Tiger ... the easy answer was to catch Tiger on a bad day and beat him, but no ... Phil responded as a true professional should respond ... he had to raise his game.

So you read the crap from these baby fans and whimpy writers and it's sickening. The Patriots are challenging the junior high way many teams have employed. These teams can either go back to the old school way of working hard like in the earlier days of the NFL or they can raise their game the current way as the Patriots have done. Anything inbetween is a disgrace to the sport, junior high is not what the fans deserve.

Last edited:
The Colts already tried to trick us into thinking they're a good team. It didn't work.

Last edited:
Teams gotta think they have a chance to win, first :rocker:

Which is why........... just as likely, teams will play LESS aggressively. Most have now looked at the schedule and looked at the NE game and said..... this is a loss.

Depending on the teams situation, they may try some new schemes or things like that. But if they got a dinged QB, or RB that is "on the bubble", they may let him rest another week (ala McNabb). Why run out a guy that's less then 100% to risk not having him later. Sure, the squealers and gints will make honest efforts of it..... but if you are the iggles, Ravens, Jest, Doofins, what's the POINT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back