PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Marty Be Fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Predator

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
IMO he should be fired & the OC be promoted. Marty doesn't even where a head set because his OC is in charge. Marino was talking about how bad the challenge was for Troy's INT. The Chargers could have had one time out left for that final drive. An extra 5 yards could have made a difference.

IMO he should be fired & the OC be promoted. Marty doesn't even where a head set because his OC is in charge. Marino was talking about how bad the challenge was for Troy's INT. The Chargers could have had one time out left for that final drive. An extra 5 yards could have made a difference.

Hard to fire a guy that goes 14-3 for the season. On the other hand he did coach his team out of the playoffs with some questionable calls. If BB was coaching the Chargers he would of ran LT down our throats the entire 2nd half.

Make no mistake, Marty had 2 weeks to get his team ready for the playoffs. He should of in that time been able to crush any foolish notions of dumbass penalties out of his team and been able to come out with a gameplan that would dominate us. He very well may be fired.

Ofcourse we have Belichick who begged to differ on that one.

4th and 10 going for it so early on? Apparently Marty felt his offense was invincible. He couldnt have been more wrong.

i feel he will..the GM isnt in love with Schot since '04..i see Cameron taking over .

Marty doesnt deserve to be fired but because the GM and Schot arent so good with each other..hes gone

On what grounds do you fire him? an awful all-time playoff record?

It's not just the fact that he loses, but that he loses in such spectacular fashion time and time again.

It doesn't matter if he is fired or not. Marty's loser mentaility has already permeated the stars (LT, Rivers, Merrimen) on that Bolts team. They are forever doomed with those 3.

I hope not considering the record the team had. On the other hand, I attended Chargers training camp and it didn't seem to be a very tightly run team. Just my 2 cents worth.

4th and 10 going for it so early on? Apparently Marty felt his offense was invincible. He couldnt have been more wrong.

Marty was so concerned about avoiding "Martyball" that he went to the ludicrous opposite extreme with that ridiculous call. Abdicating to his coordinators -- and to Rivers on that foolish challenge -- shows that he's lost confidence in himself. If the Chargers are smart, he's gone.

Last edited:
Personally, I thought the Chargers played a very good game on O, D, and ST-didn't see "Marty Ball" anywhere, quite frankly.

The Pats just made more plays, IMHO.

In all fairness, I have even seen BB try a worthless challenge and the lost time out was sorely needed. The play was pivotal though this "it was the game" media hype is inaccurate. There would have been 6 minutes left and the Patriots would have likely got the ball back one more time. But back to Marty, there's not a lot of time between plays. Marty has 40 seconds to guess as to whether it is has potential to be overturned or not. Maybe his coaches were still looking and could give him a definite answer? Maybe he just decided to gamble? Also, I read in Projo or the Herald that one of his players came running up to him and said he saw something 'reviewable' on the jumbotron.

As far as the extra 5 yards needed at the end, I thought the Chargers should have tried a quick sideline pattern for a few more yards. They had 8 seconds left. It was very unlikely to use more than 4 to 6 seconds. Then again, the kicker might have told him it was already in his range and he figured why risk it? Monday morning QBing is a hell of a lot easier than making those decisions in a matter of seconds.

i do not think it would be fair to fire the guy after a 14-2 season because they lost a 3 point game to the dynasty patriots

Since when is the NFL about fair. It is about RESULTS damit.

Was it FAIR that we fired carroll? Would you trade back?

If he is the weak link that prevents them from getting over the top...............see ya Marty!

The only team worrying about fair apparently is the Giants. Look how many folks are criticizing them for being 'fair' with coughlin.

I think it comes down much like the giants situation to the players. If they come out strong FOR HIM; he has a chance to stay. Otherwise.....TOAST.

the results are two divsion titles in 3 years, lost once because his kicker missed a fg, and also lost to the patriots. i do not see how firing him is a good move

When he threw that flag, I thought "Wouldn't it be ironic if it came down to the end of the game, and he REALLY needed that timout?"

imho he is risking really a lot

so: yes. he could be fired and probably he will

I lived in Missouri when I was a kid about 12 years ago. KC games were always televised and I remember Schottenheimer ALWAYS blowing his timeouts early in close games and it always bit him in the arse later. I related this story to someone else last night and immediately after the TV showed that SD had no timeouts left. Seriously, one more play and five more yards seems to typify Martyball in close losses

Re: Will Marty Be Fired? HE SHOULD BE!

That may be the most physically talented football team I've ever seen, and one of the worst displays of emotional stupidity on a sport field inhistory.

He should be fired. A good coach that inspires some discipline and rids them of the culture of individualism and personal respect could win multiple championships with that team.

1 - listening to your rookie qb and challenging a play that clearly shouldn't have been challenged.

2- going for it on 4th and 11, instead of kicking for the points.
3- calling a TO immediatly after a injury TO.

Just a couple of examples from the most recent game. Honestly, I like Marty, think he's a great guy, good motivator etc. However, it's time for him to step down from HC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots