PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Madden pander to the patriot haters Sunday night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsWSB47

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Do you think madden and Michaels will be a voice of reason or cave in to the masses of Patriots haters on Sunday night. I have a feeling Madden's not the politically correct type and will put it in perspective. Thoughts?

No. If anything, old school Madden will downplay the entire incident and recount all sorts of stories from back in the day about stealing signals.

Not even joking, this will probably be the best spin that could happen with this story. Once Madden gives his hokey seal of approval to sign stealing, which I'm sure he will, it will diffuse some of the craziness.

I think right now the bulk of the outrage is directed at the act of stealing signals; I'd guess that most people (i.e. people who don't actively post on football message board) aren't even aware that the only sticking point with the Pats is the video aspect.

Most probably just quickly see a headline, hear some things, and go "oh sign stealing, that's cheating."

Michaels will probably be pretty level-headed as well.

Joe Buck is the didactic pompous douchebag that needs to be worried about.

Hopefully they'll talk about - the game - once the game starts.

I'm with the crowd who thinks he'll say something like, "What Belichick did was nothing!" before he launches into some war stories about how signals, playbooks, game plans, etc. were stolen or attempted to be stolen in the old days.

wait people actually listen to what Madden says?

Madden definitely isn't the type of guy to get involved in any type of controversy. He plays it very neutral on these kind of things.

correct me if I'm wrong. Weren't his Raiders the biggest cheaters? wrapping their forearms so they could hit opponents harder? weren't they dirty players?

if he criticizes the pats i think i'll get sick.

I'm with the crowd who thinks he'll say something like, "What Belichick did was nothing!" before he launches into some war stories about how signals, playbooks, game plans, etc. were stolen or attempted to be stolen in the old days.

"Back in the day, when I was working for Al Davis and the Raiders, we would always be stealing signs, and trying to protect our own. You know, if the other team doesn't know what your signals are, they don't know what you're doing most of the time. And if they don't know what you're doing, that's an advantage for you. We once hid our entire playbook in a plate of Turducken. Turducken, now that's good stuff. I once ate a whole bunch of Turducken for dinner once. I felt great.....yada, yada, yada:singing: :bricks: :snob:"

Last edited:
No. If anything, old school Madden will downplay the entire incident and recount all sorts of stories from back in the day about stealing signals.

Not even joking, this will probably be the best spin that could happen with this story. Once Madden gives his hokey seal of approval to sign stealing, which I'm sure he will, it will diffuse some of the craziness.

I think right now the bulk of the outrage is directed at the act of stealing signals; I'd guess that most people (i.e. people who don't actively post on football message board) aren't even aware that the only sticking point with the Pats is the video aspect.

Most probably just quickly see a headline, hear some things, and go "oh sign stealing, that's cheating."

I agree 100%. It seems so many people are so ignorant about stealing signals of signal thoughout the league. It's being fueled by these hypocritical rival coaches and players that are jumping all over this for some kind of public opinion/commissioner decision influencing advantage. Unfortunately the punishment will probably already be decided before Madden gets the Bulley pulpit on Sunday.

"didactic pompous douchebag". Wonderful (and accurate).

Quit your dayjob and start writing novels tomorrow morning!

I totally agree. And let's remember that he worked for the Raiders - the kings of illegal hits, dirty tricks and home of unapologetic Jack Tatum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down