PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Keith Rivers be a Willie McGinest,Junior Seau or Chris Claiborne?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The Patriots have done pretty well with players who wore #55 and came from USC as a Linebacker - Willie McGinest is one of the best LBs ever to have worn a Patirots uniform and Seau has had a few good years for us and is HOF bound primarily for his earlier glory days performances - Chris Claiborne was great in college but sucked big time in the NFL and was tossed around to pathetic teams.

If we draft him,will Keith Rivers be our next great first round selection in the top 10 with formerly wearing USC #55 jersey like Willie McGinest? or will he be a HOFer like #55 Junior Seau or a JAG like former #55 Chris Claiborne?

Last edited:
If he even comes close to McGinest or Seau, it will be a good choice.

He looks similar to Jonathan Vilma, but not as good... Who knows for sure though. He doesn't look like a Patrick Willis to me, but I could be wrong. I just doubt that.

Of the 4 Rivers is the smallest and probably does not fit in as a 3-4 LB. As a 3-4 LB you need to be able to take on OL and Rivers claim to fame is his quickness and non stop motor. Two things that are useless when you are pancaked. That being said Rivers will do well in the NFL if not make the probowl, but he will have difficulty in a 3-4.

Of the 4 Rivers is the smallest and probably does not fit in as a 3-4 LB. As a 3-4 LB you need to be able to take on OL and Rivers claim to fame is his quickness and non stop motor. Two things that are useless when you are pancaked. That being said Rivers will do well in the NFL if not make the probowl, but he will have difficulty in a 3-4.

Agreed,Just like Trevor Laws is a guy I love possibly in the 2nd or 3rd round but I don't know if he can be effective in an NFL 3-4 defense,I stilll would be happy if he were around in round 3 or late 2,possibly he might hang till 4 but not likely since he is an ND prospect.

Last edited:
Agreed,Just like Trevor Laws is a guy I love possibly in the 2nd or 3rd round but I don't know if he can be effective in an NFL 3-4 defense,I stilll would be happy if he were around in round 3 or late 2,possibly he might hang till 4 but not likely since he is an ND prospect.

Notre Dame has stopped being an NFL prospect factory for years now. If you were paying attention recently, they had trouble even beating college competition.

I'm not knocking Laws personally here, I'm saying that Laws coming from the ND program means about ZERO these days.

Notre Dame has stopped being an NFL prospect factory for years now. If you were paying attention recently, they had trouble even beating college competition.

I'm not knocking Laws personally here, I'm saying that Laws coming from the ND program means about ZERO these days.

I think ND still gets respect among pro teams IMO despite the horrid season last year and they always seem to have a solid player come out and play well in the NFL in every year or two,Laws may be good or may suck - we will see

I am still eagerly waiting to see what pretty boy Brady Quinn has to offer his team and of course what Mike Richardson will do in our secondary if he makes the roster.

Last edited:
The Patriots have done pretty well with players who wore #55 and came from USC as a Linebacker - Willie McGinest is one of the best LBs ever to have worn a Patirots uniform and Seau has had a few good years for us and is HOF bound primarily for his earlier glory days performances - Chris Claiborne was great in college but sucked big time in the NFL and was tossed around to pathetic teams.

If we draft him,will Keith Rivers be our next great first round selection in the top 10 with formerly wearing USC #55 jersey like Willie McGinest? or will he be a HOFer like #55 Junior Seau or a JAG like former #55 Chris Claiborne?

Claiborne lacked NFL speed. Rivers doesn't. No comparison here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes