PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Josh McDaniels be Cleveland bound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Bears fans want him too.

Because apparently they didn't see what he did with Cutler & Marshall! :p

Still not sure I see this, although there are efforts to stabilize that franchise.. it has a long way to go. Still think he is in line for the HC of the NEP when BB moves upstairs..

My basic question, is why leave a job in which you are paid well and the subject of accolades in a great organization.. to go to an organization that has been in disarray for years now???

BB did that very same thing. Maybe the new ownership actually gives a damn about winning? He was a small partner in the Steelers organization.

A) because BB aint going anywhere for awhile
b) because it is a coach who will have a similar backround to the guy they are hiring for Director of Player Personell. Yes he failed in his first stint as HC but he is one of the top offensive minds in the league and part of an orginization that the rest of the league is trying to copy.
Great..so u have a great offense...what about D?In 5 years he will be HC......and like I've mentioned...BB will be Gm and pullin' the HC's strings...Now...about Shula's record...I can see him tryin for it...just because he's nostalgic....and he lost the game that would have made him one better over Shula

Why would he want to coach the Browns of all teams? I can understand he wants a HC job, but the Browns? ..

I am in the corner that believes Josh has a long-term future in this league, and that he will be very successful in the long haul.

With that said, I would have serious doubts if he took any other job this summer. Many have been said, but really its one reason only; the Browns (or any other job) would be his FOURTH franchise in FOUR years. Say what you will of his talents, but the highest level of success takes years, so changing teams when the clock strikes twelve every offseason is borderline incompetant planning.

No doubt he could do the job, but why now? Why not three years from now? The timing is always the most important part, and I just know why he would risk the longterm for the short term, even as a native of those areas.

McDainel appears great at directing prolific offenses. But the thing he will be missing in Cleveland is a Tom Brady-level talent to EXECUTE such offenses on the field.

I think he would be better served staying on a couple years longer and breaking some more records. Then he could pretty much have his choice of HC positions, and probably with a better team than Cleveland. I mean have you ever been to Cleveland? It's considered one of the worst cities in America. Lebron left that place for a reason.

Probably wishful thinking though. It's hard to pass up a HC opportunity, but still. Cleveland? Seriously?
The problem with Cleveland isn't the city. I doubt you've been if you talk like that about it. The problem lies inside the Browns organization.

Skippy has to win a SB before I would ever even consider him as my HC.

Apparently Bears fans want him too.

Because apparently they didn't see what he did with Cutler & Marshall! :p

Not only would that be a bad idea, but geez, they already fell for offensive "guru's" like Mike Martz and Mike Tice.

Would you really want to go down that road again??

If we can win the SB this year (and McD will have been a key part of that if it happens), then I don't care if he hits the road (after the season!).

Odds are against him being a successful HC right now (especially for a franchise like Cleveland), and if he were dumb enough to bolt after BB did him a favor and took him back, I would definitely say 'good riddance.'

I also believe the 'coach in waiting' theory is BS--Belichick is going to stick around for awhile, and going from BB to Josh within the next three years or so would be like stepping down from Lombardi to a young Norv Turner. :mad: Not sure many Patriots fans would be thrilled by that.

He can leave as long as he keeps his head on our games and not on his new HC job like he did at SB42

I don't think he leaves this soon....he did purchase a $2.29 mil home in Westwood in April of this year. I think he gets that this is home to his family, he has two young kids and a wife. I doubt it, 3 job in 3 years is a lot of movement even for an NFL family. Crazier things have happened but it doesn't seem likely in this situation.

Also if I were Haslam I'd stick with the coach and QB I have now....they seem to be moving in the right direction. It would be something if this team can somehow beat the Broncos this weekend, it would certainly make it a lot harder for Shurmur to get fired then. I'm sure it would be nice for Browns fans to hand the Broncos a devastating defeat for a change after all the heartbreaks the Broncos caused for them in the 1980s. Cleveland had some pretty good teams then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back