PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will J Sanders be shown the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.
$3m for a backup Safety

$3m for a limited back up Safety

You keep saying this, and I keep hearing it, and the facts keep proving you wrong. So I'll ask again, Sanders played in 70% of the defensive snaps last year. Wilfork played in under 70%. If Sanders is a "backup" then so is Wilfork.

Sanders is a solid player with a varied skill set. He can essentially play either safety position well enough to cover any injuries, and while everyone is healthy he makes contributions as a 3rd safety (which we use often, especially if we've got Chung down in the box). Not only that, but he seems to have more of BB's confidence than anyone in the secondary when it comes to knowledge of the defense. If that's not worth $3m, I'm not sure what is.

You keep saying this, and I keep hearing it, and the facts keep proving you wrong. So I'll ask again, Sanders played in 70% of the defensive snaps last year. Wilfork played in under 70%. If Sanders is a "backup" then so is Wilfork.

They can also restructure his contract. He's 27 turning 28 this season and he's probably never going to get a huge contract in free agency so a three year extension might work well for both sides.

Sanders is a solid player with a varied skill set. He can essentially play either safety position well enough to cover any injuries, and while everyone is healthy he makes contributions as a 3rd safety (which we use often, especially if we've got Chung down in the box). Not only that, but he seems to have more of BB's confidence than anyone in the secondary when it comes to knowledge of the defense. If that's not worth $3m, I'm not sure what is.

He also works his arse off in the film room, which BB values a whole lot more than the fans. When the vets are gym rats it makes it much easier for the young'uns to get in line.

As for DW Toys, I view him like I do some of my clients. I have a couple who always buy when things are about to fall and sell right near the bottom. I know when I get a paniced call from them that it is safe to move back into the market.

DW's commentary is remarkably insightful if used in a similar fashion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back