Welcome to PatsFans.com

Will Hillary or Obama Be Afraid To Confront Terrorsim like Bill and His Predecessors?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Apr 3, 2008.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,967 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

In August of 1998, bombings at the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania killed 224 people. Osama bin Laden is again blamed.

In one of the worst cases of terrorism in the air, 270 people were killed when Pan Am 103 (a Boeing 747) exploded over Lockerbie, Scotland, on a flight from London to New York in December 1988.

In December 1995 a car bomb detonaed at a US military headquaters in Riyadh, killing 5 American service personnel.

In Saudi Arabia in June 1996, an attack on the US military complex at Khobar Towers killed 19 Americans. Members of a Saudi militant group were indicted for the attack.

In June 1985, Shiite Muslim gunmen seized a TWA passenger jet, forcing it to Beirut. They demanded the release of 700 Arabs held by Israel.

A US navy diver was killed and 39 Americans were held until their release a month later after Syrian mediation.

In October of that year, a disabled American Jewish man, Leon Klinghoffer, was killed by Palestinian militants were had seized the Italian cruise liner Achille Lauro.

One year earlier, in September 1984, a car bomb at US embassy annex in east Beirut, killed 16 and injured the ambassador.

In December 1983, Shiite extremists set off car bombs in front of the US and French embassies in Kuwait City, killing five people and wounding 86.

In October of that year, Shiite suicide bombers blew up the French military headquarters and a US marine barracks in Beirut, killing 241 marines and 58 French paratroopers.

In April 1983, suicide bombers blew up the US embassy in Beirut, killing 17 Americans.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +807 / 26 / -33

Re: Will Hillary or Obama Be Afraid To Confront Terrorsim like Bill and His Predecess

I know you did not just remember all this, should you put a source?? Or are you different??

Always remember one thing, in the summer of '01 our intelligence picked up information of an impending attack and nothing was done..

3. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,967 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

Re: Will Hillary or Obama Be Afraid To Confront Terrorsim like Bill and His Predecess

You are correct ... my bad.:confused:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/eye/wtc.htm

Also, when we can see the unclassified documents pertaining to that information you will be proved correct.
    Until then ... it is merely conjecture ... nothing more.

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +557 / 22 / -19

Actually, I think they'll be far braver. The fearful way of confronting terrorism is doing what Bush is doing, waging war, trying to stamp it out. The braver way of confronting terrorism is to undermine terrorists organizations by believing we can win the hearts and minds of the public and by using divide and conquer political strategies to marginalize the extremists among the extremists. It takes a lot more courage to use a multi-prong strategy, especially when the thirst for blood is so strong even here in the United States.

5. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,967 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

If Obama confronts terrorism publicly as well as privately ... using every resource available to him then he will be one of the greatest Presidents we have ever had ... and I will be glad to say I was wrong of my opinion of him.
    We'll perhaps find out in the future.

6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

.... because the Clinton White House had effectively weakened America's intelligence gathering capacity to an all-time low. Morale at the NSA, the CIA, and the FBI were at historically low points, with resignations and retirements at all-time highs.

So, thanks to the Clintons, we got 9/11.

//

7. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +807 / 26 / -33

By predecessors you are undeifying Ronald Reagan who was pres from 1980 to 1988 he did not respond either all that much.. during his adm there was a whold bunch of stuff going on..

8. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

... yeah, like draining the fight out of the Soviets.

Duh.

//

9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +807 / 26 / -33

Do you have a reliable quote on any of this, until you do it is all Right Wing Bullcrap.. Bill is an easy target, but they were warned and did nothing.. oh forgot George took a vacation. Nice that you can vindicate GWB so easily, at least I contend they all share in the responsibility along with Reagan who did not respond to a lot of terrorists attacks that took place in the 80's.

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +807 / 26 / -33

But he did not respond to the Terrorist attacks in the Mideast.. that was kindof what this thread was about.. hijack time.

11. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's all true, and you know it.

//

12. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

YOU brought up Reagan!!!! HELLO?!!! Anyone there?!!!

If you don't want responses to your posts, then stop posting.

:D

:singing:

//

13. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

REAGAN?
    The Cut-and-run president?
    What a COWARD!

[​IMG]

14. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Reagan wasn't perfect, but he did more to resurrect America after Jimmy Carter than most people imagined was possible. We went from 18% inflation, 9% unemployment, and 20 nations in the world taken over by communism under Carter, to a complete reversal of all of the above under Reagan, and the collapse of the Soviet Union two years later.

Pretty decent legacy, I'd say.

//

15. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +1,967 / 41 / -31

#24 Jersey

so terrorism does not exist in Iraq and Afghanistan?

16. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I think you are mistaking what Bill Clinton said after 9/11: "I had the chance to get bin Laden, and I blew it; I let him slip away. It's one of the biggest regrets of my presidency." -- Bill Clinton

http://archives.cnn.com/2002/US/09/03/clinton.bin.laden/index.html

The Clintons are as responsible for 9/11 as anyone is, what their total disregard for national security issues, degrading not only the military, but also the intel services, NSA, CIA, and FBI.

If you want scape-goats, there you go: Bill and Hillary Clinton.

//

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +807 / 26 / -33

Bill Clinton is as responsible for 9/11 as anyone is... could you qualify the as anyone is??? Could it be George and Laura??

18. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If anyone wants to point fingers, the Clintons would be the first place to start. They down-graded our national security infrastructure, in their pollyannaish view of the world, and they need to be cited for that.

If we want to be honest.

//

Last edited: Apr 4, 2008
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +807 / 26 / -33

So you are not going to qualify the statement, as anyone is, typical throw stuff out and when asked to justify.. spin, spin, spin... difficult to exhonerate any of the people of this adm and the previous.. but somehow you can.

20. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I only took a few math classes in college, but I learned this:

-- Bill and Hillary ("Two for the price of one!!"- Bill Clinton): had 8 years and numerous opportunities to get Osama bin Laden, known mastermind behind many attacks on America; Clintons totally failed.

-- Geo W Bush (no touted co-presidency with Laura, though she has handled her duties with class): had 8 months to try to get back up to speed on the national security front, to sift through billions of pieces of intel lying in the waste bucket -- placed there by the Clinton administration -- to attempt to figure out what was going on in the world, since Bill Clinton was more concerned with his personal legacy than the future of America.

I got an "A" in math, btw.

//