PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Heath Evans keep his job? - Do we really need 5 RBs on this roster?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barring injury, I expect 4 RBs plus Evans. I also think 3 TEs, though I'm no longer as sure of that, because the young LBs look so good and some of these TEs will likely pass waivers.

Probably 3 QBs. Can't see BB backing up Brady with a rookie. Scary, though, that he's backed up by Cassel. Maybe Cassel will look a little better next time. One can hope.

Please keep Jordan. He's looks good and has that "chip" on his shoulder from playing for Da Raiders. I think he wants to show what he can do with a good team.

why is all this hating for evans. he is developed so much from being picked up from the wavier wire. Last year under high pressure if faulk was not in brady`s last blocker was heath. I am even more shocked that people want some rookie drafted and put in their so he can whiff and some get to brady.

under high pressure evans is in their all the time as they trust him , he is big enough to take on a LB. He is not 250 as he is bigger then we got him which puts him near 260 lb nows.

Mike Bell wtf the guys is 220 lb who does not to play FB and will be smaller then 2 RB he will be lead blocking ! .A OLB will make brady pay everytime .

watch the playoff he is pushing merriman back every time on the field. Yet unlike when jones drew did it they did not replay merriman having trouble with evans in espn but to want to get rid of him is crazy.

Just watched his play he was closing the edge for jordan how can you give jordan the credit and yet not fro teh FB setting the edge for this running in most run`s?
Just 3 plays one after the other on TV right now
>He sets edge pushed OLB back interfering with the ILB and Jordan runs outside for 6 yds
>4 AND INCHES - No 26 comes inside the backfield at snap to get jordan .Heath pushes him 3 feet and jordan makes first down yeahhhhh
>Complete breakdown and matt g finds him on the flat for a 10 yd game .
>Heath out and who sack as faulk has issues and a hold penalty -3 and 17
> faulk in and boo another sack

happened at 8.30-8.33 on tv now.

Last edited:
No knowledgeable Patriots fan would ever question Evan's spot on the roster. This guy is a lock. Period!!

Wow look everyone. Its Bill Belichick. :singing:

I think the 4 RB's, and a FB make it. I'd be surprised if Evans is cut. If a back is cut, it would have to be from the Jordan/Morris combo, and I don't think that's likely. The Pats might have to get creative with their cuts this year, so as to protect players a specific positions. We might see some veterans cut with the promise to resign them immediately.

Raise your hand if you hate when the Pats bring Heath Evans into the game as a blocking full back..................ME, I HATE IT............

Yes, he's a good doobie, a great team guy, la.....di......da.....di......da

Whoopie freakin doooooooooo.

Time to keep talent in the backfield. Nothing wrong with this kind of depth
(Maroney, Jordan, Morris, Faulk). I got NO issues with that.

Meet our new fullback, Lamont Jordan

Raise your hand if you hate when the Pats bring Heath Evans into the game as a blocking full back..................ME, I HATE IT............

Yes, he's a good doobie, a great team guy, la.....di......da.....di......da

Whoopie freakin doooooooooo.

Time to keep talent in the backfield. Nothing wrong with this kind of depth
(Maroney, Jordan, Morris, Faulk). I got NO issues with that.

Meet our new fullback, Lamont Jordan

small fullback. I think BB is gonna run the ball more this year and get the defense primed.

It's Morris or Jordan. One will make the team, one won't. I personally would prefer Jordan over Morris, simply because I think he is the better player.

I like what Sammy was able to do for us last season, but that was then and this is now. Also, i think some people under estimate the seriousness of the injury he suffered last season. We still need to see how he is going to respond to coming back from it.

Is this a real thread? Looks like 5 RB's to me, but we're being a little wide-sweeping saying RB. We have blockers, bulldozers and receivers in that group o five. If they can all stay in rotation and we can finally find another unsucky receiver, we get even scarier on offense. Imagine that. I can.

Who the heck is Eckel? :D

I sort of think we'll being saying so long to some WR hopeful's as soon as cut-downs begin because A) we're good at resuscitating careers and B) we're stocked in the neighbourhood league WR dept. IMO, of course.

It's Morris or Jordan. One will make the team, one won't. I personally would prefer Jordan over Morris, simply because I think he is the better player.

I like what Sammy was able to do for us last season, but that was then and this is now. Also, i think some people under estimate the seriousness of the injury he suffered last season. We still need to see how he is going to respond to coming back from it.

I don't see cutting Morris unless of course he can't come back from the injury. Anyone remember our lack of depth a RB last year and how when Morris went down, the running game suffered and we got shotgun crazy? If ever there was a case that the Pats are stocked at RB, it's this year. Pats may have the best RB depth in the NFL.

I have been reading for 4 pages and not one of you guys got to what I think is the most obvious reason to keep Evans.....he is the surest footed back we have. It seems we have 1 game in snow/freezing rain every year and his plodding running style keeps his feet ALOT better than any scat back or multipurpose back we have. His work on ST makes his place on the roster a no brainer.

Barring injury, I expect 4 RBs plus Evans. I also think 3 TEs, though I'm no longer as sure of that, because the young LBs look so good and some of these TEs will likely pass waivers.

Probably 3 QBs. Can't see BB backing up Brady with a rookie. Scary, though, that he's backed up by Cassel. Maybe Cassel will look a little better next time. One can hope.

With BB's penchant for position flexibility, it wouldn't surprise me to see him keep 2 tight ends and Evans as a FB/3rd TE. He's got the size and is ok catching the ball....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes