PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Gostkowski be allowed to attempt to kick a 40+ FG again this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
My assumption is if we get between the 40 and 30 of an opponent and it is fourth down we will not be sending in Gostkowski again this year,that FG miss was so bad I had never seen a more disgusted look on BBs face ever more so than when any FG was missed since BB came here and I simply think if the situation comes up again,And it will ,We will be throwing or running it on 4th down,whether its 4th and 1 or 4th and 20 - I think we use Gostkowski for a try inside of the 29 but do not see the staff allowing another shot from a decent distance...Unless of course we are up comfortably when that time comes or the game is meaningless at seasons end.

PATRIOT64 said:
My assumption is if we get between the 40 and 30 of an opponent and it is fourth down we will not be sending in Gostkowski again this year,that FG miss was so bad I had never seen a more disgusted look on BBs face ever more so than when any FG was missed since BB came here and I simply think if the situation comes up again,And it will ,We will be throwing or running it on 4th down,whether its 4th and 1 or 4th and 20 - I think we use Gostkowski for a try inside of the 29 but do not see the staff allowing another shot from a decent distance...Unless of course we are up comfortably when that time comes or the game is meaningless at seasons end.
It really depends on the situation at hand.

If the game is 20 - 3 (patriots Up) in the third quarter and you have a 4 and 14 or something. then why not send him in? If its that same sitution and its 1 or 2 yards i believe they will go for it. They have the confidence in themselves to.

But if this team is in a close game or up by 6 or so. I dont think we'll be seeing Gost out there for 40+ yarders. He's only a rookie. That experience comes with time.

But like i said it really depends on the situation at hand.

he kicked a 49 yarder as well. My hope is that Belichick won't be as kneejerk as some messageboard posters.

PATRIOT64 said:
,And it will ,We will be throwing or running it on 4th down,whether its 4th and 1 or 4th and 20 - .

Wouldn't it be much smarter to PUNT on 4th and 20??

patsox23 said:
he kicked a 49 yarder as well. My hope is that Belichick won't be as kneejerk as some messageboard posters.
I dont see a problem with Belichick not sending him out there if its a close game. I mean the kid looks bad from long distance at times. He looks like hes gonna blow it before he even kicks it.

chef said:
Wouldn't it be much smarter to PUNT on 4th and 20??
Come on who really wants to see a Punt.

You know if your playing Madden it could be 4th and 17 and your still going for the fake punt.

Madden is alot different from the NFL

chef said:
Madden is alot different from the NFL

They seem the same to me, except one is actually played out in reality:)

patsox23 said:
There has been a rather astonishing number of knees jerking hereabouts, I'd think the Boston area papers would be front page reporting on the inordinate number of leg injuries brought to local emergency rooms...

yes...........

Will The Colts allow Vinatieri to attempt anymore after missing two?

I don't see it as a big issue..the kid will be fine..I don't think BB wants to have his confidence blown by missing one...remember how AdamV was at first..oh you don't remember?? That's the problem...took him much time to be as clutch as he was...missing 2 et all...

PATRIOT64 said:

1.) And you claim to not be a troll???

2.) This is pure foolishness.

My reaction to this thread was to check the dates and see if this was resurrected from after the Cincinnati game. Gostkowski did miss a FG against Indy (a perfectly meaningless one, as it turns out) but he hit a 49 yarder and overall had a better night than the "Greatest EVAH" who, it bears repeating, blew TWO field goals, including a game clincher.

I'm surprised that this is even being talked about.

Bella*chick said:
I'm surprised that this is even being talked about.

Agreed. PATRIOT64 will now start a thread "After a TD, should we always go for two?"

I hate dumb threads. (As my saying goes, "Dumb threads are started by dumb people.") Especially when the facts are completely ignored.

Against Indy, Gostkowski HIT a 49-yarder (and a 26-yarder). He MISSED a 36-yarder.

Bench him, BENCH him, I say!

Last edited:
bbwx0.jpg

My God! What a reaction! We've never seen BB so expressionless before!

patsox23 said:

agree. Where would Adam be if coaches took such an attitude towards
him in his rookie year?????

pats1 said:
bbwx0.jpg

My God! What a reaction! We've never seen BB so expressionless before!
Where do you get these screen shots?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey