Welcome to PatsFans.com

Will George Bush go to Jail?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mikey, Apr 7, 2006.

1. mikey

mikey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

for leaking the name of Mrs. Valerie Wilson?

Do you think his jail cell will be close to Jack Abramoff's?

2. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Lets be clear on this. Currently as I see it, there is indictable pressure on the executive branch on three major fronts for high crimes and misdemeanors:

1) The leak of a CIA NOC Valerie Plame - High Crime - Fitz Investigation
    2) The illegal domestic wiretapping scandal - High Crime - Currently Not Under Investigation, but enough in itself to warrant impeachment

and the big one...

3) The leak of a cooked National Intelligence Agency Estimate- ? - This is still emerging...how did those 16 words (THE BIG LIE) get into the 2003 SOTU? Those were the words that got us into an illegal war. Bush will be investigated for this ONLY if Congress shifts to a D majority. That is, the GOP has been stonewalling on Phase II of the investigation into pre-war intelligence after having completed Phase I. Phase II is what they are most afraid of because it is intended to investigate HOW the faulty intelligence made it into the SOTU and was used to justify the invasion under pre-emptive war doctrine.

If I'm not mistaken, this weeks revelation of Bushs leak has more to do with #3, and is only tangential to #1. That is, those 16 words (THE BIG LIE) were directly refuted by Joe Wilson, whos wife and our national security was compromised by someone in the WH. But it was the leak of that false information that may have been authorized by Bush himself (according to Libbys testimony), and then led to the secondary crime (apparently committed by Cheney) to out a national security asset for political spite.

This is starting to look really really bad for the Bush crime gang. Be afraid, be very afraid.

3. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

In addition to the 16 words, there is also the aluminum pipes that he said were for nuclear weapons. The intelligence information contradicted his statement and he knew full well, but again, wanted to deceive the American people for his personal reasons.

4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 3 / -10

Here we go again :singing: :singing: :singing: :singing:

5. scout

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

So Harry, since your post yesterday condemning Bush, what has changed?

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,110 / 3 / -10

I condemed him if he is guilty, and I still condem him on Illegal Aliens & Arabs being anywhere near our seaports. But even with these faults I prefer him to Gore/Kerry or any other of that "Hate Gang" that stands "grinning" behind Uncle Teddy when he is bellowing and spitting all over his shirt.

The Democratic party has gone "TO FAR LEFT" for me.

7. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 26 / -33

He is going on the same ride he was supposed to go to Viet Nam on, it does not and will never exist he will dance around any of these charges and every appeal will be upheld by the Supreme Court. He is a fortunate son who will never see the inside of a facility that locks doors and he does not have the key.

8. scout

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

So true. Its the story of his life. Martha Stewart did jail time for her stock scheme. W's actions were far more grievous, committing insider trading, failed to notify anyone on a timely basis, and got off because of the enormous amount of lawyers and judges that were connected to his father. He was innocent (wink).