PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Favre beat Brady for the MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I thought this was in the bad for Brady after we beat the colts but heard someone mention Favre yesterday for MVP.
I have the feeling Brady will get stiffed again but win the SB.
The media loves Favre more than Manning.

This is a real concern. People are jumping on the Favre bandwagon, for one ridiculous reason or another.

33 TD/4 Int and 120+ rating for the 9-0 consensus best team in the league and prohibitive Superbowl favorite.

What the hell does Brady have to do?

TD's thrown
-------------
Brady - 33
Favre - 16

INT's thrown
-------------
Favre - 8
Brady - 4

I thought this was in the bad for Brady after we beat the colts but heard someone mention Favre yesterday for MVP.
I have the feeling Brady will get stiffed again but win the SB.
The media loves Favre more than Manning.

If he does, it'll be an absolute travesty, considering he's playing at a higher level this season than pretty much anyone in history. Favre hasn't even been that great... solid, limiting his mistakes, making a big play here and there... but that team's defense is the first and foremost reason they're winning.

This is a real concern. People are jumping on the Favre bandwagon, for one ridiculous reason or another.

33 TD/4 Int and 120+ rating for the 9-0 consensus best team in the league and prohibitive Superbowl favorite.

What the hell does Brady have to do?

Brady needs to throw the ball far away from his wideouts, but directly at two opposing defenders and have them muff the INT such that it bounces into Moss/Welker/Stallworth's hands for a TD. That's what he has to do.

the writers are the ones to vote, not the fans. Rest assured that Brady will be MVP (so long as the current trends continue). the media's affinity for him won't mean anything in the end--not with Brady's absurd numbers.

I will say that if Brady and Favre continue to play at the same pace and Brady breaks the TD record with the same int ratio and he DOES NOT win MVP....then I am offically sold that the Media cannot stand the Pats. I say the Pats because if he was on any other team he would be loved by all.

I could care less!

Brady just might lose this to Farve. In fact, the media's distain for BB and the Pats is strong enough to screw Brady out of this award that he should have won a couple of times by now.

I see Brady losing it and Krafts, his teammates and coaches going ballistic about it!!!! They go crazy insane with anger and take it out on the NFL. They go on to destroy every team in the playoffs by 40+ points. It will be the ultimate EFFU to the NFL!!!

Go Farve!

Last edited:
Giving the trophy to Favre right now would just be outlandish. No matter how much every single sports caster loves Favre and talks about him jumping around and having fun, there's no ignoring what Brady and Moss have done this year.

i dont think brady should get it either.. I think Moss should get the MVP.. Dont get me wrong, they both deserve it.. But i think without Moss, does brady have as good as year as he's having? Just look at how many game changing clutch TDs moss has caught for us.. He is the MVP..

Last edited:
You guys aren't thinking like sports writers. Have you ever even asked yourself:

"Wouldn't it be a great story if Brett Favre got one last MVP before riding off into the sunset?"

No. There may be a couple idiots who vote for Favre to be different, make a point, or whatever. Those people will be drowned out by the many who realize that Brady dominated (assuming it continues).

Also, a lot more people will argue Favre for MVP than will vote for him. Most making the argument won't have an MVP vote. Such an argument doesn't require the arguer to necessarily believe it either. I can only assume that MVP voters will take their votes seriously and believe in them.

Giving the trophy to Favre right now would just be outlandish. No matter how much every single sports caster loves Favre and talks about him jumping around and having fun, there's no ignoring what Brady and Moss have done this year.
Aqua, I was actually expecting you to defend the view point that Favre should win. But you didn't. Way to go. :rocker:

Aqua, I was actually expecting you to defend the view point that Favre should win. But you didn't. Way to go. :rocker:

And Italy's Dictator made the trains run on time.
Big frakin wiff!

Be worried, guys. Never underestimate the media's crush on Favre. Brady may yet get screwed out of the MVP.

I'm a homer, not stupid.

Hok said:
Be worried, guys. Never underestimate the media's crush on Favre. Brady may yet get screwed out of the MVP.

You're absolutely right, it won't surprise me one bit if Favre wins it and the truth is no one holds a candle to what Brady's 2007 season.

Brady might get screwed and then he'll go into the playoffs and put up absolutely ridiculous stats each playoff game and destroy each time en route to his FOURTH SB!

Last edited:
It's the age old debate that you always get when a player excels on an excellent team.

Some take the voting standard to mean "most valuable to his team." If you take that literally, you get punished by being on a team that's so good that they would have achieved the same amount even if you'd just been average.

I think they just should get rid of the "V" in MVP to avoid this confusion. It really should be a Most Outstanding Player award, but MOP doesn't have the same ring.

There is no dispute that Tom Brady is, at week 10, head and shoulders above everyone else as the MOP. If you try to answer, literally, the question of who is most valuable to his team, it gets a bit fuzzier and allows you to bring guys like Favre and Romo into the discussion.

So long as some idiots use the "V" to try to justify ways to give to someone who helped their team but wasn't the best player in the league, they really ought to hold the voting after the playoffs. You see this in baseball sometimes when a guy who helped a marginal team eek out a playoff appearance garners significant attention for MVP, even though there was someone better overall in baseball. Traditionally, his team gets swept out of the playoffs.

Last edited:
You see this in baseball sometimes when a guy who helped a marginal team eek out a playoff appearance garners significant attention for MVP, even though there was someone better overall in baseball. Traditionally, his team gets swept out of the playoffs.

You mean Jimmy Rollins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back