Will Duane Starks be back next season?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by PaulNEPats, Feb 5, 2006.

1. PaulNEPats

PaulNEPats Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

This is something I've been pondering. With his shoulder injury, do the Patriots take a chance and bring him back next season? Or do they cut him and look elsewhere?

2. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

I think he at least comes into camp. I don't think the same of Poole.

3. rookBoston

rookBoston 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

#12 Jersey

Sure hope not. Take the cap savings and try again.

4. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

#12 Jersey

Not at his $5M cap number. If he re-does his contract, maybe.

5. aabtec

aabtec On the Game Day Roster

Hell No...

6. jczxohn1

jczxohn1 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

IMO, he has an AA problem. Attitude and Agent. Admittedly, he was hurt, but his expressed disinclination to play contact sports in general is "not what we're looking for". A desire to come back should start with firing Drew Rosenhouse and getting a new agent.

7. aabtec

aabtec On the Game Day Roster

I think he took the money and will retire...

8. I actually hope he comes back healthy and at a more team friendly contract revision. There was a reason that Belichick traded for him. I hope he redeems himself with class.

9. Feep_FLA

Feep_FLA Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Duane Starks will be in training camp........ That's my hunch, but he'll have to come in with a new contract. His cap hit is just too much. I, too, believe he a much to prove.... :rocker:

10. NEPatriot

NEPatriot Banned

A good question. Obviously BB and SP saw something in him. I am not usually one to be hung on a players size, however the notion of a 174 lb corner proving run support does not give me confort.