PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Duane Starks be back next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulNEPats

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This is something I've been pondering. With his shoulder injury, do the Patriots take a chance and bring him back next season? Or do they cut him and look elsewhere?

I think he at least comes into camp. I don't think the same of Poole.

Sure hope not. Take the cap savings and try again.

Not at his $5M cap number. If he re-does his contract, maybe.

IMO, he has an AA problem. Attitude and Agent. Admittedly, he was hurt, but his expressed disinclination to play contact sports in general is "not what we're looking for". A desire to come back should start with firing Drew Rosenhouse and getting a new agent.

NEM said:
Don't count him out so quickly. If healthy, he can play well and be a big cog in the secondary. I look for him to rebound for many reasons, mainly because he has something to prove.

I think he took the money and will retire...

NEM said:
Don't count him out so quickly. If healthy, he can play well and be a big cog in the secondary. I look for him to rebound for many reasons, mainly because he has something to prove.

I actually hope he comes back healthy and at a more team friendly contract revision. There was a reason that Belichick traded for him. I hope he redeems himself with class.

Duane Starks will be in training camp........ That's my hunch, but he'll have to come in with a new contract. His cap hit is just too much. I, too, believe he a much to prove.... :rocker:

A good question. Obviously BB and SP saw something in him. I am not usually one to be hung on a players size, however the notion of a 174 lb corner proving run support does not give me confort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back