PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Danny Woodhead get a chance to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupofjoe1962

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
If Faulk is hurt, I hope they give this kid a chance.

Check out this video.....

YouTube - Danny Woodhead New York Jets preseason highlights

Pre-draft
Woodhead did not receive an invite to the NFL Scouting Combine so he had to use his pro day to show his abilities. According to a report on NFLDraftWatch.net, he ran the 40-yard dash in a time of 4.33 to 4.38 seconds which would have been the second-fastest among all running backs at the NFL Combine in March 2008. He posted the best pro-agility time of 4.03 seconds, the second-best vertical jump (38½ inches) and the best 60-yard shuttle time (11.2 seconds).[citation needed]

New York Jets Woodhead went undrafted in the 2008 NFL Draft. However, he received a call from the New York Jets moments before the draft ended, about the two parties coming to an agreement on an undrafted rookie free agent contract. It was announced shortly after, that Woodhead had signed a deal with the organization.[5]
On July 26, 2008, Woodhead was waived/injured by the Jets after being carted off due to an injury. He spent his entire rookie season on injured reserve.

On September 3, 2009, the Jets would face the Philadelphia Eagles in a preseason matchup. During this game, Woodhead would rush for 158 yards, the NFL's second-highest preseason total since 1992, and two touchdowns.[6] Woodhead initially survived final cuts in September 2009, only to be waived a day later on September 6. He was re-signed to the Jets' practice squad on September 8.[7] In October, Woodhead was moved from running back to wide receiver. On October 17, Woodhead was signed to the active roster after Jerricho Cotchery and Brad Smith became injured.

Last edited:
Just posted in the Fred Taylor thread after watching that video. That kid can be a homerun threat, the only gamechanger we have at the RB position.

The Bills would be a good game to experiment with him.

As soon as he learns the offense, give it time.

Exactly - let's see if he can figure out the offense first.

In the meantime, looks to me like Edleman will step in for the 3rd down role -- as long as he can excel on blitz pick up.

Its always fun to root for the little guy, but if Faulk is done for the year, that is a huge blow...

Well if Faulk is out Sunday, he definitely will be active.

Wow, I had no idea he was that athletic. How do people with this ability not get recognition. He has potential and I would love to see this guy get out there, especially against the Bills. By the way, I have a ton of respect for Faulk, probably more than anyone else on the Pats besides Brady. I really hope he's going to be alright.

Last edited:

He will know enough of the offense by Sunday to play. Not enough of the offense to play every down. But enough to be used in rotation. Runningback is the easiest of all positions to adapt to a new system.

Not saying he will play. But he that won't be holding him back.

Last edited:
In that videeo he is down on first contact almost everytime!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes