PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Contribute If They Are Healthy

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're talking past each other. I agree with Reiss that Jones and Jenkins are competing for one roster spot. I list Edelman as a returner and emergency receiver. Who is replacing him, Moe?????

We will have four receivers: Amendola, Dobson, Boyce and some other. This 4th, 5th or 6th receiver, depending on whether you count Sters Slater and Edelman, could be Jones or Jenkins. In fact Jones or Jenkins might even be higher (as high as #2).

I think Moe making the team has little to due with him having a future as a backup slot receiver in 2013. If he is worth a developmental roster spot, he will be inactive in almost all games.

My BOTTOM LINE is that Jones and Jenkins are both more vulnerable than Edelman. If fact I could see neither making the roster, with Edelman simply being the #4 receiver.

That is where we seem to disagree. I think that in the unlikely chance that Moe makes the 53 man roster, he would be pushing Edelman---due to their similar skillsets.

Edelman already isn't 100% of a lock due to the moves made to bolster the ST's, which automatically puts Edelman's role more in jeopardy than before.

I come to this conclusion because: #1. Jones has proven to be more of an actual receiving threat than Edelman has ever proven to be, and #2. Because I see no need for 3 WRs on the roster who basically have the same skillset (or at least very comparable skillsets).

People keep pointing to Edelman's "downfield capability," but I haven't seen much of it to this point. On top of that I think that his ST presence has helped him to make the roster in the past, and that's just ONE of the things that I see differently this year--the fact that he may not be as needed on ST's alone and will definitely have to prove more of his worth as an actual wide receiver.

Either way, it's a good debate and the whole thing is probably moot anyway since I'd have to guess that Moe's chances of making the roster would be pretty low, combined with Edelman's chances of being pretty decent :)

We will have four receivers: Amendola, Dobson, Boyce and some other. This 4th, 5th or 6th receiver, depending on whether you count Sters Slater and Edelman, could be Jones or Jenkins. In fact Jones or Jenkins might even be higher (as high as #2).

I could even see one of the UDFA's taking the 4th spot.

[/quote]
My BOTTOM LINE is that Jones and Jenkins are both more vulnerable than Edelman. If fact I could see neither making the roster, with Edelman simply being the #4 receiver.[/QUOTE]

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back