Welcome to PatsFans.com

Will colts/pats ratings top Sunday's?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Fahrenhype, Oct 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fahrenhype

Fahrenhype Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The game on Sunday between the Cowboys and Patriots was the highest rated regular season game since 1996. The game against the colts is an AFC title game rematch, a game between the reigning champs and the most successful team of the decade, and potentially another contest between unbeaten teams.

Also good news - Sunday night ratings for NBC were atrocious. I hope CBS keeps protecting their games. The fewer people exposed to NBC's "analysts" the better. :rocker:

2. jbb9s

jbb9s In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I would guess......YES.

3. RyanTheColtsFan

RyanTheColtsFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

4. Haterproof

Haterproof Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think it will top the Pats/Cowboys game.How ever it will be very close behind it IMO.Then there will be the annual Brady vs Manning debate that will go on forever.I'm trying not to look forward to that game by just staying focused on how the Pats can beat Miami on Sunday.

5. PonyExpress

PonyExpress In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +25 / 3 / -0

I don't think so. Dallas has a nationwide cache that no other team possesses. Routinely, year after year Dallas games are the most watched broadcasts. Last year, for instance, the most watched game was the Dallas/Giants midseason contest when the Hamburgler hit the winning kick. Not the Colt/Pat game, a sunday night contest between a 6-1 and 7-0 team.

6. Wildo7

Wildo7 Totally Full of It

Ratings:
    +47 / 16 / -3

If they are both still undefeated at that point I would say yes. If they are not, I would say yes. Brady v. Manning is huge and this will be hyped like no other, especially since it's a 4:15 game again and the other 2 games (Seattle at Cleveland and Houston at Oakland) are less than exciting. The only other real good game that weekend is going to be Minnesota v. San Diego which, if the Adrian Peterson train keeps going, will be hyped as LT v. AP. But that's a 1:00 game. I can't really see why this game wouldn't be bigger that Dallas/NE, which people had already conceded the Pats as heavy favorites going in anyway. This will not only be the Brady v. Manning show, and a potential battle of 2 undefeated teams, but there will be more national wonder about who will win/which is the better team, even though we already know the answer to that:D If I were a betting man, I'd say the ratings will be even bigger, and I am a betting man, anyone wanna throw down?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  7. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Dallas has a bigger fan base - Thus more watchers to watch them play vs. a smaller Indy fan base so no IMO I don't think that game will be higher...even if both teams remain undefeated.

8. JoePats

JoePats In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think if both teams remain unbeaten than it definately will top the rating. This game will have hype like no other plus while Dallas has a big fan base, people will tune in just for Brady/Manning and it's later in the year and it should be colder then too, meaning more people inside to watch.

9. PATRIOT64

PATRIOT64 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I don't know about the Brady vs. Manning thing going over so great with NFL fans as much as guys on here think.

You have to admit,If you were not a Patriots or Colts fan you would be sick to death of hearing about these guys much like I was in the 70s hearing all the crap about Staubach vs. Bradshaw - I know how it is for those OTHER fans of teams,I live in a mostly Eagles,Giants and Steelers fan base and most acknowledge those 2 great QBs in Tom and Peyton but no one really follows up weekly on them or cares about NE and Indy around here.

People outside of the 2 team's respective fan base of NE and Indy absolutely LOATHE hearing about these guys all the time thus many won't even care to watch the game.

Only Pats and Indy fans and TRUE BLUE NFL fans will be excited about that game,and they should be,Its going to be a classic.
    Fans and Players of the other 30 teams would absolutely be in thier glory if Brady and Manning each dislocated thier shoulder or ripped an ACL in this upcoming game.

10. FrontSeven

FrontSeven Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Dream matchup of the centuries. It will shatter all ratings records if both teams are undefeated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.