PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Colts@Patriots be flexed ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The In-delusion-opolis Colts still have him on the 53.

At this point, even if Manning could come back, why even bother? If he could come back next week and lead a 9-0 run for the Colts, they still probably miss the playoffs.

I think Manning may be refusing to go to the IR. He has done everything to come back this season, he wants to play.

How can NBC justify to a company like BMW or Verizon etc... who have a $5m ad buy scheduled for Pats/Indy(especially for the 2nd half) that they don't deserve a discount, because nobody will be watching?

The mighty have fallen, and no tears are shed.

There are so few 1:00 PM games on anymore, do not want it flexed. 1:00 PM is the best time to watch football.

How can NBC justify to a company like BMW or Verizon etc... who have a $5m ad buy scheduled for Pats/Indy(especially for the 2nd half) that they don't deserve a discount, because nobody will be watching?

There will be millions of Pats fans across the country watching that game. And, I'm sure that there is a clause in the contract that doesn't hold NBC accountable for the quality of the teams.. Not to mention that the ads are for the time slots. And with the likelihood of the game being flexed out, the ads will still run and people will still be watching.

Who knows... it might be a tight interesting encounter. The only game in which Indy's Suck for Luck strategy is removed... if only for this reason, it might be of interest.

Odds are good that it will be flexed out, but there is no guarantees. The Pats do get good ratings even if the game will likely be a blowout.

I know it'd be must-see TV for me
icon_beer.gif
:popcorn:

I wonder how the suits at NFLN feel now about their Dec 22 game Houston @ Indy on Thurs night. There is no way to flex that one out and they are stuck with that dog...
Only hope is that they hype the "potential return of Peyton".....if he's not IR by then....

I hope the game is flexed out and is not nationally televised in whatever time slot. That way I don't have to worry about the local TV station switching to another game. Granted, with Sunday Ticket, they eventually lift the blackout once they figure out that the national stations have switched, but it takes them forever to figure it out.

No sympathy for us bottom feeders? :D

Should be flexed out fopr DET-NO, but the Pats and Colts are marquee names.

Does anyone esle think this will be one of those games where Pats struggle and play down to competition, and then it's close until mid-4th Q?

Peyton will be back for that game. Just like Sanders always somehow got healthy just in time to help his team beat the Pats.

Just curious what the TV experts are thinking on this.

Is GB @ NYG protected ?

NYJ @ WASH
Det @ NO
ATL @ Hou

They all look like better games.

I would think that Packers at Giants is protected by FOX. They have the doubleheader that day (week 13) and it's their most appealing game that week.

Also the Pats - Colts would be an AFC/CBS game, so NBC may be limited to another AFC/CBS game if they want to flex that game out, which I would assume that they will go ahead and do unless Manning is for some reason playing with the Colts at that point. Actually there's a very good chance they would flex that game out even if Manning did return.

If they are indeed limited to replacing the Pats-Colts with another CBS game, then the most likely candidates would be:

• Bengals at Steelers
  • Jets at Redskins
  • Titans at Bills
  • Chiefs at Bears

Jets-Redskins would probably have the biggest combined fan bases, but it would probably come down to the most compelling game in terms of playoff implications. Pittsburgh plays KC the previous Sunday night so that probably eliminates those two teams and those games. That would leave Tennessee - Buffalo as the other possibility.

I think the Tom Brady/Pats factor may be enough to keep the game if the options are limited for a replacement...I can't believe the Colts have so many primetime games..They already been on prime time more than the Pats and we were better last year...I can understand the NO/Colts game especially if Manning was playing, but Bucs/Colts?...no!

Maybe it's something about Indy/Polian, but I keep reading the title of this thread as "Will Colts @Patriots Be Fixed?" Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes