PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Cleveland be trying to win vs. SF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fencer

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Edit: Upon review, Cleveland is still going to be in the running for a division title if they win this week -- or at risk of missing the playoffs if they lose but Tennessee wins -- so the following analysis is probably moot. Whew!

------------------------------------

Does Cleveland clinch the tiebreak vs. Tennessee if they win this week? I think they do, unless I'm overlooking a common-opponents tiebreak (minimum 3), as they'll have clinched a conference-record edge.

If that's right, who would they rather play in the wild card round -- Pitt (who's beat them twice already, most recently in a close game), or SD, who they haven't played this year?

And who's more likely to be the 3rd seed?

Last edited:
They will be trying to win that game, both Pitt and Cle will be tied heading into that last week and both play their games at 1pm, it works out perfectly, Cle will play their starters right through in hopes of a Pitt loss.

I believe last night on sportscenter they said that Cleveland, Jacksonville, and Pittsburgh could all clinch with a win or a Tennessee loss

Good... I need Derek Anderson to put up LOTS of points this week. :)

Cleveland has 7 conference wins and 9 overall.
Tennessee has 5 conference wins and 8 overall.

Tennessee plays two AFC teams and can max out at 7 conf and 10 overall.
Cleveland if they win today clinches 10 wins and 8 conf so they clinch a playoff spot with a win against AFC Cincy. If they lose today and beat NFC SF, they'll go to common opps in the tiebreaker.

We got a break with Pittsburgh losing to Jax last week, because had they won that game, Pitt would have already clinched the division, and Cleveland could clinch the WC today and that would be that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back