PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Chad Jackson be like Chad Johnson.....personality wise ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruthSeeker

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
We all know about Chad Johnson's.....ummm....personality. He's very entertaining, an interesting interview, and though I don't like his type (the checklist thing annoyed me, and probably his opponents also), he is a helluva player.

Our Chad has already proven himself to be somewhat different (or strange), if the rumors of his behavior at the team dinner get together thingee prove to be right. And now with this "I'm back" proclamation. He does seem to be a bit of an oddball. As long as he becomes a great player, I could care less.

On the other side of the coin, I love Maroney's demeanor. He seems humble, yet confident.

scott99 said:
We all know about Chad Johnson's.....ummm....personality. He's very entertaining, an interesting interview, and though I don't like his type (the checklist thing annoyed me, and probably his opponents also), he is a helluva player.

Our Chad has already proven himself to be somewhat different (or strange), if the rumors of his behavior at the team dinner get together thingee prove to be right. And now with this "I'm back" proclamation. He does seem to be a bit of an oddball. As long as he becomes a great player, I could care less.

On the other side of the coin, I love Maroney's demeanor. He seems humble, yet confident.

God I hope not.

Although I'm not sure how saying "I'm back!" to your agent in a moment of joy over finally being healthy is in any way an indication of being an "oddball."

I don't know if the vets will want the rook to have too much personality.

Let's see. He was referring to himself as "I". And he referred to returning to the field as "back".

Yes, very strange indeed :D

:bricks:

Last edited:
Even if he did, you'd never know it on this team.

Personally, I loved the checklist thing.

Would that mean we'd be subjected to endless "Where ya at 17?" commercials on NFL network? :eek:

he sounds like a chad johnson wannabe...too much attention to himself and he hasnt been on the field yet.

SVN said:
he sounds like a chad johnson wannabe...too much attention to himself and he hasnt been on the field yet.

And what, precisely, are you basing this on?

Richter said:
And what, precisely, are you basing this on?
just a feeling i get as compared maroney..the diamond earrings..calling and saying im back, what i heard/read about his actions in the opening gala party , his claiming that he thought the pats were going to pick him in the 1st round etc..

i hope iam wrong but attitude wise so far i think i will take maroney over him .

PatsSox363804 said:
Would that mean we'd be subjected to endless "Where ya at 17?" commercials on NFL network? :eek:

I doon't thiink sooo! :D

Or atleast hope not! I hate that commercial.

Last edited:
SVN said:
just a feeling i get as compared maroney..the diamond earrings..calling and saying im back, what i heard/read about his actions in the opening gala party , his claiming that he thought the pats were going to pick him in the 1st round etc..

i hope iam wrong but attitude wise so far i think i will take maroney over him .

So would NE, thus, they drafted him first. However, no choice between the two needs to be made. Jackson has not done any more talking than Ellis Hobbs did last year, did you have a bad feeling about that one too?

I remember seeing a piece on CHad Johnson, back in his rookie year, he was sleeping Thrusday nights at the Bengals complex to study film all night, because he wanted to be the best reciever ever! That was long before he got the wrong headed idea that you have to act like a selfish ass in order to be thought of as a "great reciever".

I wonder how much film time, he misses now, thinking up his antics. He should put his "grill" away, and get back to the kid who was sleeping at the team complex to study film. If our Chad wants to emulate that Chad, it would be great!

Oswlek said:
So would NE, thus, they drafted him first. However, no choice between the two needs to be made. Jackson has not done any more talking than Ellis Hobbs did last year, did you have a bad feeling about that one too?
hey ..its nothing personal..just my feeling and opinion thats all, we are all entitled to one...i didnt get that feeling with hobbs, he was just a ****y guy making comments *after* making plays
just too much personality as compared to that of the team..again my opinion.

Here's hoping he doesn't get those fake gold teeth or a blond mohawk. (How does Johnson do those gold teeth anyway? Is it a mouth guard?)

Tunescribe said:
Here's hoping he doesn't get those fake gold teeth or a blond mohawk. (How does Johnson do those gold teeth anyway? Is it a mouth guard?)

The blonde mohawk is awful. The blinged out tooth guards though, I like.

Blingblock!

The Patriots could use a lunatic or two. I know they have this whole robotic-Stepford-team thing going, but I'd like to see a guy come up and go completely Oil Can Boyd on us. Not Irving Fryar's coke-fueled crazy, and not Chad Johnson's agent-manufactured crazy, but precisely the genuine, doctor-diagnosed, braying-at-the-moon Oil Can Boyd crazy the Patriots haven't had since... well, I don't even know. I'm talking about a guy who talks to his helmet on this sidelines. I doubt Chad Jackson is that guy, but I really wish we had one. It would make this team more interesting. Of course, winning is interesting, too.

Ungeheuer said:
The Patriots could use a lunatic or two. I know they have this whole robotic-Stepford-team thing going, but I'd like to see a guy come up and go completely Oil Can Boyd on us. Not Irving Fryar's coke-fueled crazy, and not Chad Johnson's agent-manufactured crazy, but precisely the genuine, doctor-diagnosed, braying-at-the-moon Oil Can Boyd crazy the Patriots haven't had since... well, I don't even know. I'm talking about a guy who talks to his helmet on this sidelines. I doubt Chad Jackson is that guy, but I really wish we had one. It would make this team more interesting. Of course, winning is interesting, too.

# 37

Chad johnson started off on a team that was bad with no veteran leadership, so his personality could come that way when he's top dog. As long as brady and seymour are here he wont be top dog. When he said he was back in a private conversation with his agent, and the fact that his crime was wearing diamond earings, I've seen nothing to the point that makes me think he's a headcase.

I hate how people think Chad Johnson is some selfish TO like player who only cares about td celebrations and stats. He's pretty ****y but like the poster said above he works like a dog night and day and watches countless hours of film to the best receiver he can be. If our Chad turned out like him I would love it

I think there are legitimate concerns that our CJ is just like the Bengals' CJ:

1. They have the same initials;
2. What's more, they have the same first name;
3. Finally, and most disturbingly perhaps, they are both black (!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes