PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Bruschi shut up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"In Bruschi I Trust" - the play call was a joke. Bill's bone-head results are starting to pile up.

1) Blowing 18 point AFCC game lead
2) Spy Gate
2) Losing SB to Giants
3) 4th and 2

3 Super Bowl Championships
4 Trips to the Super Bowl
Another AFCCG
11-5 without Brady
16-0 perfect regular season

I think the only thing that is starting to pile up is fair weather fans.

Last edited:
Given that,would you rather have Brady,Moss, Welker, the OL, Kevin & Watson determine the outcome of the game or a depleted defense?Sunday night I disagreed with BB, but by early Monday morning I had to say that I now think Bb did the right thing.

BB went with his money-man, plus who wnts Peyton back on the field. Like Tedy said in one of his interviews I've grudgingly come to respect Peytie for his QB abilities, he's capable of driving the field and he's capable of throwing the bomb too. It would've been a tough haul for the D, for the offense not so much. Had it worked out BB would've stood for Brass B*** ;)

Tedy and Rodney are sticking up for their boys :)

I'd think we all want to know what's going on in the head of a respected Patriots player during a game. But, now when we see it and not agree, we don't want to hear it <shrug>.

Anyways, the way I see it, the defense ~still~ got another chance to defend the field where the going gets toughest for an offense.

However if you look at the defense that we had on the field at the end of the game, no TBC or even Nikovich. AD looked like he was gassed.
You didn't have to look at them. Just the results. 30 yards, we didn't get them to even a 2nd down until they were at the 1.

I was shocked at the decision at the time - the more I think about it, although we lost, the stupid decision would be to go for it and put that defense on the field.

Bruschi is lucky he ever played in the NFL. Every penny he ever made as a player should be considered stolen.

First, Tedy and Rodney have their opinion based their being outstanding defensive players on outstanding defenses. I respect their opinions more than some WEEI blabber mouths.

However if you look at the defense that we had on the field at the end of the game, no TBC or even Nikovich. AD looked like he was gassed.

Given that,would you rather have Brady,Moss, Welker, the OL, Kevin & Watson determine the outcome of the game or a depleted defense?Sunday night I disagreed with BB, but by early Monday morning I had to say that I now think Bb did the right thing.

Tedy is coming around to that. Rodney will eventually too. Because in the heat of the moment they forgot they were also on defenses that failed after BB put it in their hands and this defense doesn't remotely have that combination of talent plus championship experience yet. The offense is the better unit. You always go with your best and avoid theirs if you can help it.

The real clincher is DA was blathering tonight about how we patsfans should give it up and just admit Bill was wrong because Ted Johnson said so...:ugh:

Bruschi is lucky he ever played in the NFL. Every penny he ever made as a player should be considered stolen.

All right. Second post I read by you. Second idiotic statement. Did you just come to this sight to be a jerk? Troll.

Love Tedy's passion but also love Tom Brady's subtle yet unmistakable shot at Bru when he commented about Tedy being on the field when Manning destoyed the Pats D in the 4th quarter in '06.
It's so interesting how the pro/con comments about the 4th and 2 play are breaking down along offense/defense sides with the players/ex-players.

I want to hear more from him, personally. He knows this Franchise better than anyone, and that includes Belichick and Brady.

He's insightful, intelligent and very very good with his thoughts and opinions.

What??????

What??????

I can't agree either but he has been on the Pats longer than BB..

The 4th and 2 decision was more of trusting the offense. If BB didn't trust the Defense, he would have let the Colts score once they got the ball and put the ball back in the offense he trust. He just made a human mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes