PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Will Brett Favr-r-r-re Get More Attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotsReign

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm of the opinion that Favre has gotten more than his fair share of attention even while residing in the frontier outpost of Green Bay.

I can see him getting more than ever if he starts off hot in the first game now that he's in the center of the media universe. Although that is one of my nightmares, I'll admit it may take some attention away from our Pats. And that may not be a bad thing.

Anyway, I think it'll be interesting to watch evolve.

I can hear it now on the first Jets Monday night game with John Madden just wankering to say the word "Favr-r-r-r-re"

please make it stop

MORE attention? Is that possible? Haven't we heard enough?

CBS is showing the Jets - Dolphins game anywhere they can in week one, but that is totally understandable; I would expect the same for week two when the Pats and Jets meet. I'll be interested to see if CBS (and the other networks) spend more time on a team like the Chargers as the season progresses, or continue to focus on Favre as the Jets hover around .500 - or below.

How dare these mediots give Brett Farve so much attention!? It makes me sick how much pub he is getting ( ignore the fact Brady was talked about 23 hours per day last year).:rolleyes:

How dare these mediots give Brett Farve so much attention!? It makes me sick how much pub he is getting ( ignore the fact Brady was talked about 23 hours per day last year).:rolleyes:
Very true, though Brady was setting a TD record while Favre was setting an INT record.

Last edited:
Yeah, but Brady was setting a TD record while Favre was setting an INT record.

I know, but it;s kind of ironic how some are *****ing about Farve getting all the attention. I'm happy he is the one with all the papers in his face.

I liked when we where not the media spectacle we have become.

Very true, though Brady was setting a TD record while Favre was setting an INT record.

I really can't wait for the Jets fans to turn on Favre when he starts to stink up the joint with his careless passing. I'd love to see him get picked off by our secondary a couple times to really rub it in the Jets' faces. The Jets acquiring Favre really seems like a pathetic attempt to win at least 8 games. What is the best that can happen? The guy stays on for one more year after this one? He's obviously gonna leave football soon. The dude is just a temporary crutch.

Patriots Reign...the MAN , the MYTH...the LEGEND!

I am praying to every god, demi-god and deity that Pennington and the Doofins spank the Jets! :D

I am praying to every god, demi-god and deity that Pennington and the Doofins spank the Jets! :D

The Dolphins are going to make the Jets give them a blumpkin in opening day. I can assure it. (if you don't know what a blumpkin is, google it. Its not a friendly gesture for sure.)

I would rather the story be Favre than another spygate rehash. He gave the idiotd something else to obsess over. And I thank him for it.

If they're not going to talk about the Pats then I would rather hear them talk about things like the Seahawks replacement WR versus the Bills DB or the Browns offense against the Cowboys defense - things like that as opposed to the simplistic star gazing that we are fed far too often.

I feel that there is a void; casual fans have espn for a tiny bit about all teams, while hard core fans have local media to fill their needs about one team. But what if a hard core fan wants to know about the rest of the NFL; where does he go?

If they're not going to talk about the Pats then I would rather hear them talk about things like the Seahawks replacement WR versus the Bills DB or the Browns offense against the Cowboys defense - things like that as opposed to the simplistic star gazing that we are fed far too often.

I feel that there is a void; casual fans have espn for a tiny bit about all teams, while hard core fans have local media to fill their needs about one team. But what if a hard core fan wants to know about the rest of the NFL; where does he go?

The other teams local media. If you want to read up on the Seahawks replacement WR you can read about it in the Seattle paper on line. Which is great 15 years ago I would have been stuck with almost no news about the Pats, cause they don't sell the globe at my local store. But now I can read about the team on line.

I don't want to say I told you so...but I did. ONe game, one SI cover

"Can you believe it?":mad:

Friggn' sickening...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye